Thread: The Concert

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked my boss this afternoon if I could leave a bit early. He was fine with it. Then I had to explain why I was leaving and he was very excited and talked to me about Elton John for about a half hour.

Alysia and I left my work and stopped off at the Cheesecake Factory for an early dinner. We managed to get in right before 5pm so were able to get the lunch sized portions and the lunch sized price. We also got the scrumdiliumptious pumpkin cheesecake to go. YUMMMM.

So, off we headed down I64 west to Charlottesville....founded by our third president, Thomas Jefferson. It's been raining all day and if anyone knows anything about Virginians, it is that they cannot seem to drive in any sorts of adverse weather :rolleyes008: Except me ;) Oh well traffic was pretty good since we were headed towards the mountains and away from Richmond. Not a fall leaf to be found in the entire city of Richmond but guess what I found in the country? Tons of fall foliage!! Just beautiful. Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year.

Anyway, we're almost to C'ville and Alysia wakes up to announce that she has to use the bathroom NOW. So I get off at the nearest exit, follow the sign stating their is a gas station ----> ok...so I drive and drive......we are in the country. There are farms and cows and horses but no gas stations......I almost felt like I was in the Green Witch :p Finally, I pull over and tell Alysia she's going to have to pop a squat. She does and back we go to the interstate.

Well, not too much further down the road, I spot the remnants of a very, very recent accident. OMG it was awful looking. Myself and several other cars pulled over to help. Thankfully, the driver of the car managed to get out of the car and didn't have any visible injuries but he was visibly shaken. I bet his car was totalled. It was a mess. After a bit, we go back to the car where I thank God that wasn't us as if well could have been if I hadn't taken the scenic route for a potty.

We head off to the John Paul Jones arena. I've already pre-paid for parking when I bought the tickets so that is a breeze. I remember to back into my space so I have easy access to get out later. We go into the arena and Alysia MUST stop at the souvenier stand. A tshirt, program book, a set of 3 magnets and some very silly light up blinking sunglasses and $90 later we head off to find our seats.

We've been to this arena several times this year. It's not that big. We managed to get nose bleed seats 3 minutes after the tix went on sale. I didn't think we'd be up that high. Well. I was wrong. I swear they expanded the arena since we were there last month. It certainly seemed taller than before.

Sir Elton came on promptly at 8pm and played non-stop will a few minutes before 11pm. He played lots and lots of hits. Sometime towards the end of the performance, the first couple of rows sort of stood up and went to the stage. No one seemed to mind. Apparently I have been to way too many heavy metal concerts cause I was shocked that there weren't body guards telling them to get back to their seats. Then a bit later, Elton takes several minutes to sign all sorts of things they had. Alysia was a bit jealous! I have never seen such a thing. It was VERY cool!

We had a great time! Alysia teared up during several songs. Bless her heart.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Elton is a very good performer isn`t he Johnie?
    We saw him play in our home town a few years ago and really enjoyed his concert. Prior to that we saw him on a double bill with Eric Clapton in Paris. No guesses who was the star of that show though in my eyes! :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow....sounds like one fabulous night Johnie Did they have big screens up so you could see the stage on them?

Post Thanks / Like
    He's a great performer and always real value for money to watch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Elton. Did he play "tiny Dancer"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Elton John. I'm not sure why but I don't own any of his music. He really is a legendary performer, and personality.

So, c'mon Johnie. Give us a few of the songs! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to Wembley stadium once to see him and he was absolutely fantastic, well worth every penny paid

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    He did play Tiny Dancer....that's the one that made Alysia cry. He played tons of songs: Candle in the Wind, Crocodile Rock, Saturday Night, Sacrifice, Pin Ball Wizard, Your Song, and tons of others that I am srawing a blank with.

They did have a large screen so you could see closeups of him, the band and his hands. I left wanting to learn how to play the piano again. However, I have the patience of a fly....

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you both had an awesome time . I had every one of Elton John's albums and knew all the words, too. I'd LoVe to see him in concert , I bet he puts on an excellent show .