Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thunder and Lightning

Post Thanks / Like
    We are having a Halloween party with the place decorated. ( I will put some photos on when it is finished so don't worry) One of the things I would like to do is to have thunder and lightning. Anyone got any ideas how I could do this?

Everyone needs a hug in the morning
    and one at the end of the day.
    As many as possible squeezed in between
    to keep lifes troubles at bay.

What’s another word for Thesaurus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, all I can think of is some sort of strobe for the lightning and a recording for the thunder?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    ummmm...if you lived closer, I'd be glad to lend you our storm machine.:p015:
    I bought it last year after Halloween at 75% off, I think it cost me $5.00. It's a small strobe light with the sound included, you can adjust the flicker rate of the strobe to get it just how you want it.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun, post: 62733
    We are having a Halloween party with the place decorated. ( I will put some photos on when it is finished so don't worry) One of the things I would like to do is to have thunder and lightning. Anyone got any ideas how I could do this?
    Thats going to be an AMAZING party... really really looking forward to the photos (and I think we may need video for the lightning :D )
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Figment, post: 62749
    I bought it last year after Halloween at 75% off, I think it cost me $5.00. It's a small strobe light with the sound included, you can adjust the flicker rate of the strobe to get it just how you want it.
    you have your own storm machine! Now thats fancy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't see anything in Walmart when I was there in September. Their range of halloween stuff seemed to be smaller than last year too. Looks like I need a storm machine!!

Everyone needs a hug in the morning
    and one at the end of the day.
    As many as possible squeezed in between
    to keep lifes troubles at bay.

What’s another word for Thesaurus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Figment, post: 62749
    You are officially the coolest person I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 62768
    You are officially the coolest person I know.
    We have a fog machine, too! We tend to go a bit crazy with Halloween. Last night at Jordan's Trunk or Treat event at school (I mentioned it in the Friday thread) we won the van decorating contest...I promise pictures soon.

And last year for Jordan's birthday (which is December 11th) we had a *Nightmare Before Christmas* party and decorated the basement as for a Halloween party. The kids loved having Halloween in December. I saved tons of money by waiting til the after Halloween clearance sales. I even bought a *bleeding* eye skull punch bowl (hidden pump takes punch from the bowl up through the skull and out the tiny holes by the eyes) which is a huge hit with red punch. We had dry ice, too. You add it to warm water and it produces a lovely foggy effect.:p015: I'll see if I can find pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    We sadly have no pictures of the lightning machine...my camera couldn't handle the strobe effects and none of the pictures came out.

Here is the dry ice fog:

This is the skull punch bowl...unfortunately my camera man (Marcus) forgot to take the picture til the punch was nearly gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    This was the outside of our house last Halloween:

And this was Marcus showing off under the black lights on our porch.

He's not uploaded last night's pictures yet, but I will post them when he gets them up.:p015:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast