Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catching ya up with me :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I know not everyone here knows who i am but i see quite a few familiar faces & i know it's been a long time since i've talked with some of you so i wanted to do a brief catching up.

I'm sure most of you remember my Year of Hell in 2007. We had the house fire & lost everything in July & then in November of that year I had a brain aneurysm burst.

We got back in our house in January of this year. And almost immediately went on a trip to WDW. It was one we had to postpone twice (once due to fire & a second time due to my husband having a motorcycle wreck). So even tho i was only 2 months post brain surgery I just couldn't cancel it again. My kids & my husband needed it; they had been thru so much. Big mistake for me tho. I was miserable & could barely get around & refused to get a wheelchair (me & my pride :rolleyes008:). I barely even remember the trip but i do remember a lot of crying, lol. Probably the worst trip ever for me. We went again in July & it was better then as i was physically able to get around more.

it was so good to be back home & to try to start to feel 'at home' in the house again. It took awhile for all of us because it was the same shell but the inside had been gutted & was all different. New carpet, new paint colors, new furniture. Nothing felt the same.

The kids seem to be doing just fine but i do see signs of stress. Like when i have bad headaches, they worry...sometimes more than a normal kid would. Like the other day i had a headache when they were getting ready for school & couldnt' get out of bed. I was only a few minutes late picking up my 10 year old later that day & when she got in the car she burst into tears. She had been worrying that something had happened to me when i was late getting there. It broke my heart. They both say they have some fears at night & sometimes think they smell smoke. I try to reassure them but truthfully I get scared too.

I am approaching my one year anniversary of having the aneurysm burst and I have had no signs of any new ones!! I did have one scare in the summer & had to have a CT Scan done but it came out A-OK! The neurosurgeon said i'd have to have one every year which is fine with me because hopefully it will set my mind at ease every time :p015:

But, after everything happened I did notice I didn't have the same enthusiasm for things I used to. WDW being one of those things. It was just hard for me but I've been coming back around lately. We have a trip planned for Jan. '09 & i've found myself feeling some excitement like I used to before & it feels good! So hopefully i'll be around here more to keep that excitement growing.

Anyway, hope i didn't bore anyone too much. I look forward to catching back up with old friends & making new ones here.

Cristine
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, the trials that you and your family have been through. I hope that with time you all will be able to put the fire and hospital scares behind you. I can only imagine what you guys have gone through. I remember reading about the fire, but did not know about the other stuff that you have gone through. I'm sending big hugs your direction, to everyone in the family.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember reading about the fire and thinking nothing else could possibly go wrong that hadnt already happened to you!

You've been so strong to get through all that

sounds like you're on the up and up now though and it's great you've found us :D
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Real nice to see you here hun :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Cristine. The hell that you and your family have been through would destroy many. I am very relieved to hear that your scan was clear.

I know that it will take time for all of you to heal, but it really seems as though you are all on the road to recovery.

One step at a time, eh? One step at a time.

Again, I'm just so DARN GLAD you are here!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    wow that puts things in perspective doesnt it

great to see you here and sorry you've gone through so much

Post Thanks / Like
    YOu are an amazingly resilent woman ... may no one stand in your way of doing anything!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    So pleased that you came to Secrets
    We will be here with you...every step of the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I remember you! ;)

Lovely to see you here! You are one strong lady!

Looking forward to catching up with you.
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast