Thread: Airport Screener steals electronics from luggage

Post Thanks / Like
    ok Newark not Orlando but makes you wonder doesnt it
    http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/200...rged_with.html

When investigators raided Brown's home last week, they seized a trove of contraband, according to an affidavit signed by Thomas Adams, an agent with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Office of Inspector General and the lead investigator on the case.

Among the items seized were 66 cameras, 31 laptop computers, 20 cell phones, 17 sets of electronic games, 13 pieces of jewelry, 12 GPS devices, 11 MP3 players, eight camera lenses, six video cameras and two DVD players, the affidavit said.

According to the affidavit, Brown confessed that he began stealing two to three items per week from the airport beginning in September 2007. He told authorities he put most of the stolen items up for sale on eBay, it said.

Post Thanks / Like
    This just makes me sick. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh. I just went through Newark. Twice. :sigh; It's one of my least favorite airports to being with. I know that this can happen anywhere, but sheesh.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    And that's why we put cameras/camcorders/jewellery etc in our hand luggage :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too. If it's of value then it's with me. But in reality we shouldn't have to do things like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad they caught him.