Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mah pretrip report :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never done one of these but I think it might be fun or help with the build up or something.

Ok, well we will be off on vacation #17 to WDW on January 10th of 2009. This will be our second time going during January but I was so sick the first time I really can't remember much about it, lol. Someone asked me the other day about weather & I honestly have no idea what it was like! Anyway, so now I'm excited to see if we like this time of year enough to keep returning in Jan.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs Resort in a 1BR unit. I requested a DTD view but I'm not holding my breath. Originally I wanted The Boardwalk as I have every years since 2002 (when we joined DVC) and yet again it was all booked up because I wait too long to actually do my booking. I'm glad we got SSR though, we've done it once before & we really liked it. A lot! Mental note: try to research building we were in last time & request it again.

I've made dining ressies for a lot of old stand-bys we've done a millions times such as Chef Mickey's, Sci Fi, Whispering Canyon, Rainforest Cafe'. Decided to try some new ones as well such as Mama Melroses, Le Cellier & Rose & Crown (I think that's the name of the restaurant in UK & not the counter service place). Any opinons on those 3 places would be appreciated

I've got planned 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 1 day at MGM & 1 day at AK. That leaves us the one day off to have a swimming/shopping day as I MUST hit the outlets while there. Or if we need we can use it to go back to one of the parks if we missed something.

I think I'm going to call & schedule the cart ride at Port Orleans today. For $35 that sounds fun. Mentioned it to my 15 year old tho & she didn't want to. She still remembers the Xmas ride we did at WL & how not fun it was. I think I'm gonna do it anyway tho, lol.

Well, that's about it. I don't have a million things planned to tell everyone about. Where we've been so much we just kind of have it down now & really just go at a nice pace & don't try to cram too much in.

I'm up for any suggestions though of something fun to do that perhaps i've never thought of or heard of!
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Why was the WL sleigh ride not fun?

Post Thanks / Like
    Eh, idk. I think we were expecting scenic & it was very dark at the time we went. And they took us down the main road & there was a car behind us with lights blinding us for what seemed like eternity of the ride & then we turned off this path & it was pitch dark, lol. We couldnt' see a thing. So it was one extreme or the other. The path would have probably been nice had it been dusk & you still could see. The only pleasant thing i recall are the bells on the horses jingling. Made it seem Xmasy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh a sleigh ride in pitch black? What was the point of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    combo of blinding headlights/pitch black. yeah, i expected a path with maybe some trees decorated or something, idk. I wouldnt' do it again unless i heard they had changed it or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 63573
    I've got planned 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 1 day at MGM & 1 day at AK
    Tut Tut ~ They don't let you in if you say MGM :gy:

Post Thanks / Like
    great report although we were going to do the wl ride and Im not so sure now

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya'll are gonna have a blast hun
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent!!! Well done you!!!

We're just back from our recent trip and I'm jonesing for some planning fun

Post Thanks / Like
    ok new restaurant choices....RFC is always fun. Love the atmosphere. The portions are big. Some items are much better than others. Sci Fi is fun as well but stick to burgers and milkshakes. We LOVE Whispering Canyon. Lots and lots of fun. Chef Mickey's is a character meal....nuff said :p

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast