Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Big Thunder! I've actually heard of the Dave Matthews Band! And heard them! Usually I'm not familiar with most current artists.

Another one with eclectic taste in music, although the basic requirements for me include a well-developed, complex relationship between melody, harmony and rhythm. I tend not to be fond of anything that emphasizes one thing too much over the other--although moments of brilliance are appreciated! :D

Classical music: more instrumental than vocal, although I do appreciate oratorio and opera when in the right mood. :)

Contemporary music: *Ahem* Generally considered to be written in the 20th century or later. I enjoy music from just about every era and genre. Not fond of country/country & western, rap, or heavy metal, for the most part--with a few exceptions, of course. :D

Jazz: prefer instrumental to vocal. Listen to KYOT (pronounced coyote) periodically--a local jazz station.

Musicals: from Lerner & Lowe's "Oklahoma" (generally considered to be the first musical that advanced the story through music) through Rodgers & Hammerstein's many works to more current composers and productions, including Disney's made-for-television musical movies. :) Although I really dislike Disney's version of Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Cinderella." I so wanted to like it--the performers are terrific--but many of the songs are out of order and don't advance the story properly--and it borrowed songs from other productions! They stick out like very sore thumbs!

And very opinionated about what I like or don't like! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave Matthews Band is from here and I swear they've been around forever. I am not a fan though.

I love all sorts of music. Elvis is my absolute favorite singer in the world. I love, love, love heavy metal. I love women with gritty voices (Janis Joplin, Melissa Etheridge, Joan Osborne, etc). I just love music.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite music is DooWop, however it must be sung by the original artists. :D
    Love anything from the mid 50's to the early 60's. (I swear I was born in the wrong time period).

Also love country and particularly Gary Allan (he's the only man I want to see in concert)

Do occasionally like hip/hop and pop...but very few. Gotta love hairbands from the 80's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 64014
    Hey psst...Cristine...wait til Chris (aka Dr Chris/skywatcher) gets ahold of this...he is cool....

You didn't tell me yours tho! And i'm imagining you have an interesting taste in music :)

Tink, I like Annie Defranco too.

Thanks all for responding, I really love to see what kinds of artists people like. My likes are from a range of artists as well (sign of a true music lover they say) but I do not like country, rap or opera or really much top 40 stuff.

A great website to check out artists is last.fm. YOu can go to an artists page & it will show you similar artists you may like. I've discovered some good music there.

I hope posting links is okey dokey here but everyone give this band a listen. i love this song! so happy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRX5kH6IrkY
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Girl what dont I like?

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I pretty much listen to it all. I don't enjoy much rap and r&b, but there are a few songs here and there. I like country, heavy metal, underground, easy listening, musicals, classical, celtic, rock..you name it and I'm sure Dh and I have some in our collection :p015:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12