Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20 years

Post Thanks / Like
    me too Johnie!!! i didn't go to the 10 year one - i really want to go to this one

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there are a few of these around the UK but nothing liek the traditional reunions that happen in the US.

What's it all about like? A real catch up and wonder down memory lane or a competiton to see who's earning the most and to see wether the school beauty got real ugly?

Come on, tell us!

:gy:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodie, post: 64846
    [What's it all about like? A real catch up and wonder down memory lane or a competiton to see who's earning the most and to see wether the school beauty got real ugly?

:gy:[/COLOR]
    thats what i reckon lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I helped organise one a few years ago and so many people turned up it was fantastic.
    We charged 6 a head for food and any money that was left over we gave to charity in memory of a school friend who sadly didn't make it :(

Can't remember much about the reunion itself though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 64853
    thats what i reckon lol
    Well my wife got a great bit of gossip when she went to the ladies room at my 25'th high school reunion. I met her in college so they didn't know her. She came back with all the juicy stuff, who had "some work" done etc...said the biggest thing they talked about is how the guys just let themselves go...:shocked025:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondTinkerbell, post: 64819
    MOM! You didnt tell me about this.
    I literally found out today!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been to any of mine--and we have one next year, too! Like Tink, high school was not one of the best experiences of my life. It primarily was a holding pen until I was old enough to attend university--they didn't accept younger students at university in those days. Added to that, it was a very large school and we had the record for the largest graduating class: over 1500 students! And that was with two graduating classes per school year: about 400 per winter term.

Apart from that, it's very expensive. There are three events and two are for couples only (that excludes me--no longer part of a couple) and the other is a family picnic outside--usually in miserable weather. Attending all three events is about $200, excluding travel and lodging. So minumum of about $600.

Quite honestly, I knew only two people in my class and we've stayed in touch with one another over the years. Only the teachers who were class sponsors attend the reunion, and none of my teachers were sponsors of my class. Oddly enough, I stayed in touch with three of my teachers for many years. Two are deceased, but I still exchange Christmas cards with one of my music teachers. :)

I'll just keep my good memories tucked away and share them with the two people who are likely to understand them! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to my 10 year. After about half an hour I was bored and after about 45 minutes I remembered why I didn't care for most of them 10 years ago.

Like others have said, there are those I've stayed in contact with over the years and they are really the only one's I care to stay in contact with now.

In reading this though Johnie, guess what it made me think of? The Designing Women episode where Suzanne attends her high school reunion!! Excellent episode!

Post Thanks / Like
    i LOVE Designing Women! That was the best show on tv!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 64949
    i LOVE Designing Women! That was the best show on tv!!
    OF COURSE YOU DO!!! It's in our handbook!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast