Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 years

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently my 20 year high school reunion is next summer.......

Has it really been that long? Wow. I'm actually thinking about going. This is a MAJOR change of mind for me. It's all Facebook's fault too for getting me in contact with some high school people again. The funny thing is I can't seem to remember if I actually knew some of these people or just knew their names

This should be fun. Maybe big hair will come back by the summer and everyone will recognize me :p

Do you go to high school reunions? What kinds of experiences have you had? Do they even have reunions in the UK?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    They do have reunions in the UK but I've never been to one myself.
    Have you kept in touch with any of your school pals Johnie?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did for several years after high school. My best friend moved in with her boyfriend and he got on the phone with me and told me it was HIS house and to never call it again. I thought he was joking......turns out he wasn't. I haven't heard from her since. I've lost touch with other people. I have found a few on Facebook though so that's been interesting.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 64771
    Do you go to high school reunions? What kinds of experiences have you had? Do they even have reunions in the UK?
    The Junior school that I attended had an anniversary open day and I went to that. Sadly there were none of my classmates but my favourite teacher was there. He didn't look a day older, even though it was 40 years later!! Then I had a real surprise when not only did he remember me, but he remembered the wedding present I had given him!!!!!! (Which I had forgotten about until then) After 40 years. Amazing!
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 64776
    I did for several years after high school. My best friend moved in with her boyfriend and he got on the phone with me and told me it was HIS house and to never call it again. I thought he was joking......turns out he wasn't. I haven't heard from her since. I've lost touch with other people. I have found a few on Facebook though so that's been interesting.
    Wow....I wonder if she's still with him!!
    Any of the pals from facebook going?

Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 64777
    The Junior school that I attended had an anniversary open day and I went to that. Sadly there were none of my classmates but my favourite teacher was there. He didn't look a day older, even though it was 40 years later!! Then I had a real surprise when not only did he remember me, but he remembered the wedding present I had given him!!!!!! (Which I had forgotten about until then) After 40 years. Amazing!
    It's weird isn't it! Here I am working in a college with some of the teachers that taught me and they don't look a day older than when I left school nearly 30 years ago!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of my year were trying to arrange a reunion a few years back but i wouldn't have gone. I'm not sure it ever happened in the end anyway.

I've bumped into some old school mates in the boys school playground over the years when them to school, and i'm in touch with the ones i want to be in touch with!

Since DS14 started High Schol I've seen some of the teachers that used to be there when I was which is pretty funny!

I left school even longer ago than you - it's pretty scary to think about isn't it?!

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Isafari;64781

It's weird isn't it! Here I am working in a college with some of the teachers that taught me and they don't look a day older than when I left school nearly 30 years ago!!![/quote]

That's probably because when you're a kid, anyone who isn't a kid, looks old! So, they don't look any different now.

I haven't been to a school reunion myself, but did meet up with one of my friends a couple of years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 64781
    Here I am working in a college with some of the teachers that taught me and they don't look a day older than when I left school nearly 30 years ago!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lisawm, post: 64787
    That's probably because when you're a kid, anyone who isn't a kid, looks old! So, they don't look any different now
    :p015:I used to think he was as old as my parents but he was probably only early 20's.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    MOM! You didnt tell me about this.
    Alysia!<3

Travel Plans:
    April7th till April12th Is Spring Break in Florida!
    April22nd till April26th Is Senior Class Trip to Florida!
    June 5th is High School Graduation, Class of '09 : ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Reunion? Never. High School was not a positive experience for me and I can't imagine why I would subject myself to those people again!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

• Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast