Thread: Exercise dvds?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know of a good, gentle exercise dvd for people with stiff joints?
    Thanks. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think something that incorporates yoga and stretching would be good for stiff joints. I don't know the name of any off the top of my head but Beach Body does a bunch of infomercials in the US and they do some yoga warmups with their videos.

There's always the 'dancing' type vidoes that would be gentle on the joints.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Stretching, yoga and anything low impact would be good.

My favourite is still my Jane Fonda Low-Impact Workout from the mid-1980s. The warm-up and first section are a great way to get my body in motion in the morning.

Keep in mind that most exercises can be modified to a low-impact version. I can't do Tai-Bo or anything resembling boxing or with sharp movements--too hard on the joints. I tend to prefer dance-oriented programmes that emphasize stretching and moving more gently.

My DVDs are Pilates (great for joints, but mat work isn't the easiest) and Core Rhythms. Both are great for the core and are pretty gentle on the joints. I also use a home walking program when I can't get out during daylight hours. Not quite as good as walking, but it's a pretty good substitute. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie0610, post: 64888
    There's always the 'dancing' type vidoes that would be gentle on the joints.
    Thanks. :) I have a yoga one that I like but I can't do dancing, too hard on the knees. :rolleyes008:

Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 64923
    Core Rhythms. Both are great for the core and are pretty gentle on the joints. I also use a home walking program when I can't get out during daylight hours. Not quite as good as walking, but it's a pretty good substitute. :)
    Thanks. :) I'll have at look into those.
    [CENTER]