Thread: special things to do at the grand floridian

Post Thanks / Like
    We wont be staying there unless we win the lottery but Ive made a note of some things people have mentioned. Can anyone tell me pricing or if these are good?

afternoon tea
    some kind of beach bbq or something?
    house made of candy?

Post Thanks / Like
    We have eaten at 1900 Park Fair a few times, but you can get a drink from the bar, or a coffee or tea and just take in the wonderful lobby. We were there around the Christmas Holidays and the huge tree in the hall was fantastic. They had live music too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmrach, post: 64869
    We wont be staying there unless we win the lottery but Ive made a note of some things people have mentioned. Can anyone tell me pricing or if these are good?

afternoon tea
    some kind of beach bbq or something?
    house made of candy?
    I`m not sure of the cost for afternoon tea but it is an experience so it`s well worth doing.
    There is a beach bbq most evenings where you sit around the campfire and toast marshmallows. This is a new addition at the GF and we haven`t tried it yet but I believe there is a nominal charge.
    The "house made of candy" is a huge gingerbread house that is built in the lobby over the Christmas season. There you will find a small shop selling the gingerbread and I understand that the house is later broken down and given to kids charities.

The GF has loads of really nice restaurants like Citrico`s, Narcoosee`s, and 1900 Park Fare as well as "la creme de la creme" of on site reastaurants, Victoria and Albert`s which is one of the best restaurants that I`ve ever experienced.