Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are you from?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am from Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Gavin lives here with me now but has lived in several towns up and down the UK as his dad changed jobs a few times.

Famous for, Spice girl Mel B was born and raised here. A Touch of Frost is filmed here and it rains, a lot.

As with most places in the UK we're not far from seaside resort, 60 mins at the most which is nice if your after a windy day out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not really from anywhere my Dad was in the air force and i was born in Huntingdon. I married into the air force too something i swore i'd never do. From there i have moved to cornwall, oxfordshire, northern ireland, spain, lincolnshire, wiltshire, oxfordshire, South Carolina, oxfordshire, north yorkshire and we finally ended up now in lincolnshire, don't know where we'll go next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof5, post: 65266
    I am in Fort Morgan, Colorad- what you have never heard of it? I am so surprised!

We are a rural farming community about an hour NorthEast of Denver. We only have about 10,000 people in our whole county.

They say that Glenn Miller- (a singer) was born here. :)

We should be famous for our tumble weeds!

Dawn- we also geocache! We love it.

HEY! You're like right up the road from me...sort of.

I was born in Japan, and I now reside in Brighton Colorado. We've been here for 3 years and we really love it. the DGD's love the snow the most.
    Farming is what goes on here.....and we smell livestock every so often when the wind blows the right way...EW.
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I was born in Coventry which is near-ish to Birmingham, but grew up in Berkshire (Windsor Castle, Legoland etc etc) I moved to Leicester in 1991 and met and married my husband, we moved to Lincolnshire nearly 4 years ago and now live in a small village called Sutton-On-Sea which is between Skegness and Grimsby.
    Alfred Lord Tennyson spent many summers here and his family home still stands but is now a B&B! We have one of the largest Seal colonies very close to us which is actually on an RAF bombing range called RAF Donna Nook, last year there were over 1100 pups born.
    We love it here by the seaside and the rural lifestyle by the sea, it's very laid back.
    Can't think of much else!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sarah

1990 - lived in Buena Ventura Lakes, Kissimmee - Holiday rep.
    2002 - December DLRP Santa Fe (DS birthday)
    2007 - October WDW Radisson Hotel Celebration
    3 weeks.
    2009 - January DLRP Sequoia Lodge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 65180
    Hi i was born and until February this year lived in Cumbria now i live in a fantastic place Bournemouth, Dave was from just outside Southampton but lives in Bournemouth with me :)
    Hi neighbour
    <O:p</O:p
    I come from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comLondon</st1:City> originally but now find myself in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pSalisbury</ST1:pl</st1:City> famous for its cathedral and very close to stone henge.
    xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Me? Maine first. Rockland to be exact. M'heart is still there (well, half of it, the other half is in Ireland). Then spent some time in Central NY (SU grad, and my parents now live in that area) and have lived in California, Rhode Island, Bermuda, and Florida at two different times.

Currently in Florida (for the second time) where we originally came to live in Ft. Myers and now live in Winter Garden. I far prefer Ft. Myers area. :sigh;

I have a flag of St. Lucia on my Avatar because I love that island! I'll change it from time to time, just haven't gotten around it lately. :)

I have no clue what this area is famous for other than oranges. Although nearly all the groves have been sold for real estate development.

Rockland is a working wharf town, with lobstermen and the like. It's the home of the Lobster Fest too.

Central NY is leatherstocking country. Much history there from Cooperstown (Baseball Hall of Fame) to the birthplace of Baum (the author of the Wizard of Oz). The entire area is history laden, an in a snowbelt so they get HAMMERED in the winter.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in the outer suburbs of Brisbane, the capital of Queensland.

We are the 3rd largest city in Australia, and so we have lots of famous people - give me time I'll think of some.....

We hosted the 1982 Commonwealth Games and the World Expo in 1988 - I worked for World Expo as a Pavillon Guide (I was very young! :p )

In history - Brisbane served as the South West Pacific headquarters for General Douglas MacArthur during WW2 - I walk past the building he worked in at least once a week.
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a village outside of High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire. I was born in a nearby village so haven't strayed very far. I did live in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia between the ages of 9-10. My Dad worked all over the world whilst i was young, and only came home for 90 days a year(tax).
    My Dad is irish and called Paddy and my Mum was born in Hull. They met in London where my Dad had come over to escape from being enlisted into a certain army:rolleyes008:. And my Mum was a ballet dancer at The Royal Ballet.
    They moved out from London just before i was born and we have lived here ever since.
    I always wanted my own children if possible to be near my parents as my grandparents lived so far away from us. Thankfully they do and we see them at least once a week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I was born in Hartlepool (home of the monkey hangers) but lived in Billingham in Cleveland, UK for all of my childhood (until I was 17), then I lived in Whitby, N Yorks for 9 months, then moved to Colchester, Essex to do my nurse training, married a soldier and moved to Brecon in South Wales and then to Cambridge where I spent the next 18 years. I now live in Peterborough and know that I will live here for the rest of my life! (When we moved here 5 years ago, my husband (no 2) said we are never moving house again)!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was born in Windsor but my parents moved to Newquay, Cornwall. They moved again when I was 15 because they could see that it was turning into a holiday resort that you wouldn't want to bring children up in :sigh;

I now live in Plymouth, DH was born here and other than for a short time when we lived in Salisbury he's lived here all his life.

Plymouth is famous for loads of things, Drake and the Spanish Armada, the Mayflower and the Pilgrims, the dockyard and so on. Oh and for Plymouth Gin, which USCWest assures me is delicious :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast