Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where are you from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Born, bred and still living in Liverpool. Home to the Beatles, one great football team, LFC and two others . We have two cathedrals, a wealth of maritime history and heritage. Currently the European Capital of Culture for 2008 and contrary to all the jokes, your cars are relatively safe if you visit :)

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    I was born and raised and still live in New York City(Manhattan).

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    I am from Bolton (westhoughton)

BOLTON famous for.....

Bolton wanderers ..
    Amir Khan...
    Peter Kay ...
    Vernon Kay..
    Katie Sugden (Emmerdale)
    Laura White (x factor)

Post Thanks / Like
    i live near tamworth in the midlands 20 miles from birmingham but was born in portsmouth

oh and we have the snowdome and drayton manor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I am presently living in Lincoln In the UK... but wasn't born here. Lincoln has a Cathedral and near the Cathedral every year at Christmas they hold a world famous olde worlde market. The castle is famous for housing the famous Magna Carta. Our Crown court is actually in the castle grounds and many many years ago people were hanged from the castle, you can go and see it and see the trap door. Tom Hanks filmed The Da Vinci Code here in Lincoln. There's probably more but as I'm not from here I don't know it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was born in Terre Haute, Indiana. Famous for being totally slammed by Steve Martin. I guess he hated the place... It was also where Buffy and Jody were from in the TV show "Family Affair". They totally mispronounced the name. They pronounced it "Terra Hut". The "Haute" part is pronounced just like if you were discussing "haute cuisine".

I grew up in Kokomo, Indiana. What is it famous for besides me??? Well, in Highland Park, the largest city park in Kokomo, there is this really big steer named Old Ben. He was born in the early 1900's and is acclaimed to be the biggest steer in the world. His preserved body is kept in a climate controlled building in the park. There is also a covered bridge in the park - the Vermont Covered Bridge. There is also a HUGE hollow sycamore tree stump. Way back when I was in the Girl Scouts, the local paper took a picture of my troop in one of those "how many Girl Scouts can you stuff into the tree stump" articles!

Kokomo is known as the "City of Firsts". Here are a few of those "firsts":

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWDWGRA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtyp e namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:1968968894; mso-list-template-ids:-470882698;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-number-format:bullet; mso-level-text:?; mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Symbol;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    • 1894 - Elwood Haynes makes the first successful trial run of his "horseless carriage" on Pumpkinvine Pike, which is now Boulevard east of U.S.31.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1894 - The first pneumatic rubber tire was invented by D.C. Spraker at the Kokomo Rubber Tire Company.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1895 - The first aluminum casting was developed by William "Billy" Johnson from the Ford and Donnelly Foundry.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1902 - <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kingston</st1:place></st1:city> carburetor developed by George Kingston.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1906 - The first Stellite cobalt-base alloy was discovered by Elwood Haynes.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1912 - Stainless steel tableware was invented by Elwood Haynes as a response to his wife's desire for tableware that wouldn't tarnish.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1918 - The Howitzer shell, used in World War I, was created by the Superior Machine Tool Company.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1918 - The first aerial bomb with fins was first produced by the Liberty Pressed Metal Company.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1920 - The mechanical corn picker was created by John Powell.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1926 - Carl Molin developed Dirilyte golden-hued tableware.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1928 - The first canned tomato juice was created by Walter Kemp from Kemp Brothers Canning Company in response to a physician's need for baby food.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1938 - The first push-button car radio was created at Delco Radio Division of General Motors Corporation.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1941 - Globe American Stove Company manufactured the first all-metal life boats and rafts.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1947 - The first signal-seeking car radio was created by the Delco Radio Division of General Motors.<o:p></o:p>
    • 1957 - Delco Radio Division of General Motors developed the first all transistor car radio.<sup id="cite_ref-26"></sup><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Im from a wee toon in the NE of Scotland called Cullen, We are famous for our fish and tattie soup called Cullen skink which is tastier than it sounds and also people come from miles around for our ice-cream.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

Post Thanks / Like
    born and raised in a little ole' coal/railroad town known as Phillipsburg New Jersey . The Delaware River that divides us from Easton, Pennsylvanis . I am within a five minute walk of Easton . Easton is the Home Of Crayola Crayons . :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Helly may be coming to visit you Tinker!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bambi Belle that is a beautiful photo!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast