View Poll Results: Is it Christmas without tinsel

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes our house is a tinsel-free zone.

29 56.86%
  • No it can't possibly be Christmas without tinsel and lots of it.

22 43.14%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: First Secrets Christmas poll

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy the biggest real tree that will fit in my house (8 feet we have very low ceilings) and i love to decorate it with white lights, toy decorations and beads, its very effective.
    xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I meant none of that fake grass at Easter time, either. Sorry for the confusion.

I've seen some trees that are beautifully done using one strand of tinsel per decoration. They are the exception.

Like Dorothy, we use an artificial tree and there is no way I'm picking all that stuff off! Plus, I don't really care for it and Herself loathes the stuff.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We always have a real tree so we have to have a little bit of tinsel on the tree to hide the wires of the lights.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our tree is pre-lit so mum can perfectly decorate it with organza ribbon and boring baubles. We don't even have a disney ornament on it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I do like to use dried baby's breath on the tree to add some dimension and texture. I've been known to use flocked baby's breath when I can find it. That makes a mess in its own right. :sigh;

I've used gold and silver bead strings, cut in smaller pieces, like tinsel (in that one short strand was hung on one part of a branch, etc.). It works in much the same manner but it easier (and cleaner) to put on and take off.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by karrie, post: 65187
    i like tinsel...i seem to have been nominated to decorate all the tree's in the hotel for chirstmas...all 6 of them, each about 10-15ft high. anyone coming to help me?
    Oh me please Karrie just let me know when ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Love icicles--as tinsel is properly named! I like silver only, as it goes with my silver garland, ca. 1945. My parents bought the garland their first Christmas together and it's still hanging in there! A tad crushed in spots, but I just make sure those bits are tucked behind an ornament or under a branch. Sentimental, I know! :)

I drove my parents crazy with icicles when I was a child--wanted to throw them in clumps on the tree. Now I'm a bit more restrained.

Post Thanks / Like
    My grandma has icicles that are in long pieces. It is really pretty on her tree. However, she does not have cats......

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt know there was such an antitinsel backlash

Post Thanks / Like
    tinsel all the way but nice silvers and golds

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast