Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to regret this ...................... trick

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Use the Oatabix things for trick or treat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 65601

sorry I keep having blonde moments today :rolleyes008:

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 65601

OOOOH, excellent plan.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    It's Friday...and for the first time in a loooooooooooooong time, we've not a *thing* planned.

I have a doctor's appt tomorrow...she wants to run a bit of blood work (wants to rule out lyme disease)...she's also going to do a mononucleosis test....hate needles...have already nearly canceled the appt twice...still not sure if I'll actually turn up...but the way I feel today surely has to be worse than a needle prick...

Post Thanks / Like
    It's Friday! :D

Nothing special planned. Have to do some more work in the back yard--neighbor's pool overflowed Thursday night--forgot to turn off the water when filling it! It happens periodically, although usually because their pool service neglects to hook up the hose when backwashing the filter. And I was just congratulating myself that the weeds are under control for the first time this year. Here we go again! :sigh;

Weather is clear and very dry (my sinuses thank Mother Nature for that). Temperatures should be in the low 90s for the next three or four days, then drop back into the high 80s. Overnight temps are high 50s into 60s. Gorgeous! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 65449
    Not if you own a dog. :rolleyes008:

My lunchtime yesterday at school was interesting. Year 2 - all ate their lunch nice and quietly except 2 girls at the front who practically came to blows over the placing of a bag of Hula Hoops. And when they got outside one girl spat in the other girl's face. Where do 7 year old girls learn to spit? I had to report that one to the class teacher.

Steven's class came out while I was on playground duty and they practically mobbed me. Steven missed lunch play yesterday for his piano lesson but I've checked and that only happens once a month and he said he doesn't mind and he wants to learn piano properly. His teacher makes sure he gets time to eat his lunch properly too. :)

He also wants to try karate again after half term.
    Karate is good--great for coordination and discipline--but you might want to steer him into it as a summer activity that will continue if he likes it. Piano lessons and practice are enough at this point--for both of you! :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    Go Becca. :( I hate the whole thing as much as do you, but you must find out what is going on, eh? Can't get things righted without a bit of help from the good Docs.

Gray sky here after a long night and morning of hard rain. Expected to be a rainy weekend. I'm afraid we have boring stuff that must be done, planned for this weekend. :sigh;

Actually looking forward to weighing myself on Sunday to see how much more I've lost. Haven't "cheated" this week, but it's felt like one of those "fat" weeks if that makes much sense?

Enjoying the daylights out of our Wendy being back with us. :smiley4: Although, I'm really sorry to hear about the knee. :( Who/What are the Hoosiers? Sounds like a basketball team from the Midwest!

Am hoping to get a bit of time to nip down to DTD for a bit of shopping for a special item for a dear friend. That would make the weekend great! :D

Have some candy bags to mail out to the little ones (six now!!!) in the family. :D Filled with Halloween goodies and a cute card. Started it long ago with one of the little ones and you know what happened next! LOL. EVERYONE wants a special Halloween treat bag now. :D No problem as we love doing it, but it bugs me to death that the postage is just a few dollars less than the candy and cards cost! :(

Thinking about a proposal at a local community college for directing a specific course of study. Not sure it will ever come about, but it's nice to do the thinking bit.

Hope the UK skies are clear and bright and that our Skywatcher has the chance to get some great shots. (What's up with the knee)?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 65643
    Have some candy bags to mail out to the little ones (six now!!!) in the family. :D Filled with Halloween goodies and a cute card. Started it long ago with one of the little ones and you know what happened next!
    That's a lovely idea. :)

A couple of years ago I started making & filling little bags to hand out to the Trick-or-Treaters. Sweets,stickers and a toy spider or bat. Now I have to keep some behind for the family supper guests too.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    It's started raining again. :sigh;

Mama used to always have little decorative Halloween bags that she filled with the nicest candy. Everyone came to our house "trick or treating" for those yummy treats. She always kept a basket of "special" bags for her "special" kids (neighbors, special friends etc.). It's too much for her now, but she still buys full size candy bars to hand out, so the house is still a popular spot on the Halloween circuit.

We have candy and little bags of honey graham teddys. We had to find something to hand out that we wouldn't be tempted to eat! :spring:

Oh! We'll probably carve our pumpkin this weekend too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 65661
    Oh! We'll probably carve our pumpkin this weekend too.
    I was cutting up a turnip for a stew and the smell took me right back to my childhood when we made lanterns from turnips. :sigh;
    [CENTER]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast