Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: christmas eve and new years eve

Post Thanks / Like
    We're wondering what to expect on christmas eve and new years eve around disney. Is there anything special and if so where is it?

Should I even ask how the crowds are?

Post Thanks / Like
    when we were staying at the Poly santa visited the resort

Post Thanks / Like
    NYE was packed!!! you might just as well plan to stay up all night, cause everyone else does and the noise goes on forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a VERY crowded time. The entire week of Christmas through NYE will see the largest crowds ever at WDW.

There are loads of special things to do, some only on NYE, others during the entire Christmas season.

The parks can close to guests when capacity is reached, so keep that in mind. If you truly want to be at a given park on any day during that holiday week, be sure to get there just prior to gate opening, or you run the real risk of not being able to get in.

Have a clear plan of what you want to do. Keep in mind the lines will be wicked long for anything (sometimes even the bathrooms) so use Fast Pass as much as possible. Be ready to just soak up the atmosphere and people watch, as that may be the only activity that you can get in!

It's a beautiful time to be there though. WDW at Christmas is incomparable.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 66037

It's a beautiful time to be there though. WDW at Christmas is incomparable.
    Oh Tink, I really really hope so, the thought of Christmas without my Dad breaks my heart, I'm hoping that the Disney magic will help

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 66400
    Oh Tink, I really really hope so, the thought of Christmas without my Dad breaks my heart, I'm hoping that the Disney magic will help
    We were both feeling the loss of a parent last Christmas Wendy and, I know being at WDW helped me I wasn't boucing off the walls, but I was ok....better than I would have been at home. Anyway, we will probably end up crying on Christmas Eve!!! Wishes!!!! Always gets me going

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say this, and I hope it doesn't make things more sad.

For us, Christmas does push hard on the loss of the one we have loved. For us it becomes very important to mark the loss by going to the Shrine (very specific for us) and having some sort of commemorative thing done, usually one of the lovely candles.

We've learned to acknowledge the crushing loss, not try to push it away or hope it doesn't happen. It will. Always. For us, incorporating our sadness at the loss into the over arching joy of Christmas works.

I hope that made sense? Or at least some sense.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 66417

I hope that made sense? Or at least some sense.

You always make sense

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 66509
    You always make sense
    ...and seeing as you are talking in a religious vein then you could say that Tink is talking "incense".

Seriously though, I`m sure that those who are no longer with you will be looking down on you when you are there, happy to see that you are thinking of them, while at the same time having a well earned break.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 66549
    ...and seeing as you are talking in a religious vein then you could say that Tink is talking "incense".

Seriously though, I`m sure that those who are no longer with you will be looking down on you when you are there, happy to see that you are thinking of them, while at the same time having a well earned break.
    thanks Terry, it's thoughts like that which keep me going, that Dad is always with me :p015:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast