Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the credit crunch affecting your disney plans?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im sitting here with a hot chocolate gazing at the virgin holidays brochure for 2009 wishing away

In the past I've booked knowing that we'll be able to save for the holiday and it will work out. Dont get me wrong, we book economy and pop century so its not upper class and the grand floridian or anything

Im so worried now. Both our jobs have been fine so far but every news programme is telling us how bad things will be in 2009

So are you booking and thinking you'll deal with problems as and when or are you holding back?

Post Thanks / Like
    I booked in February before there was all this bad news and i know i am going to struggle to pay it all off before we go so i will just pay the rest when we get back!

Post Thanks / Like
    I booked two trips for next year. I'm hoping everything will work out.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    we're not going to disney next year but will be going to the US- i'm thinking of getting a smaller car due to the tumbling dollar- usually we go for a people carrier or SUV- may go for a car now

Post Thanks / Like
    :sigh; we are talking about it now. I have to book flights next month if we are going to go away next year, so hopefully we will be able to go back to Florida

The holiday we had planned - Chris' special 50th birthday holiday is definitely out :( but as Chris said, so long as we can afford to go somewhere we should count our lucky stars :p015:

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Chris isn't going to Hawaii for his birthday, Wendy? :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably wont have as many ADR's as originally planned but I am sure my waistline will be more than happy,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 66419
    Our Chris isn't going to Hawaii for his birthday, Wendy? :(
    No :sigh; it doesn't look like it, we just can't afford it.

If we are lucky we will be able to come back to Florida and maybe we could have a few days in the Keys or something - just to do something different. So it's not all bad :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Indirectly, it affected my plans for this year. I cancelled my December trip due to a greedy house (maintenance/repairs exceeded my maintenance budget plus my travel budget for this year!) and work.

Technically, I still could afford to go. But I am pulling back and will book for next year and hope for the best. I'll just have to see how things go financially next year. I'm aiming for late November/early December again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say I rarely (barring illness or accident) let *anything* affect my holiday plans. To me, they are almost sacred. I'll cut back on just about everything else...clothes, eating out, movies, etc...before I'll give up my holiday. For me, in many ways, they are a necessity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast