Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sense of direction

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 67056
    And please, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT tell me to "Go north on Elm street" or any such nonsense...I don't know that either. Tell me to "Turn left at the Piggly Wiggly" and I *might* have a fighting chance...
    This is totally me. I find things by landmarks. To find my house, I turn at the white fence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 67056
    I'll admit it...I'm awful...I get lost the moment I get into my car...quite literally. My father used to tell me I couldn't find my way out of a cardboard box....pretty sure it's true, though it's never been tested...

And please, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT tell me to "Go north on Elm street" or any such nonsense...I don't know that either. Tell me to "Turn left at the Piggly Wiggly" and I *might* have a fighting chance...
    OMG, that is me exactly

If someone says go north my eyes glaze over and it sounds like they are speaking in tongues or something :rolleyes008:

We won't even mention the time I was standing in the middle of the MK and could not for the life of me think how to get to the HM :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the one i have Johnie and it's fantastic. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright! Glad to know it's a good one!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    She will have the choice of listening to male/females with an American, British, or Australian accents. I tried the Australian but he was a little harder to understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    :p she made me listen to the British lady when we were in CA. I could understand about every 3rd word. We couldn't understand the Autralian lady at all. Which is strange because I understand what our lovely kazzaqld says :p015:

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've also noticed that they tend to misprounce words. I was looking for the library and a buffet....I got back lib-ra (an in glib) and the buffet was buff-et

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 67234
    :p she made me listen to the British lady when we were in CA. I could understand about every 3rd word. We couldn't understand the Autralian lady at all. Which is strange because I understand what our lovely kazzaqld says :p015:
    Who was the Australian lady do you know?

Mine is of course an educated Australian accent! :p
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    :p you silly!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I mean who were the people doing the GPS voices? Were they famous or just a random Aussie voice?
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast