Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sense of direction

Post Thanks / Like
    I swear you are either born with one or you aren't. I was. I can find my way around anywhere (except Fairfax, VA it seems). I've been able to do so since I was a little, little girl.

My mom cannot find her way out of a paper bag. Apparently my child cannot either. She's been driving over a year. She just got a used car in Sept. She calls me YET AGAIN tonight because she is lost. The child has driven practically to Ashland! (quite a ways away).

Guess what I just ordered her for Christmas? Her very own GPS. :p She apparently needs one.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie ... Jim is the same way . He's lived in Phillipsburg 25 years and still gets lost . That is a Terrific Christmas gift for Alysia . She's going to love it .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 66870
    Guess what I just ordered her for Christmas? Her very own GPS. :p She apparently needs one.
    Hmm...she played that well... ;)

I can find my way around anywhere outside, even if I haven't been there before, but in malls or large buildings I'm hopeless. DH says it's because the connection to the mothership can't get through. :rolleyes008:
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm kind of in between. I can find my way generally speaking, but sometimes it's hopeless.

GPS will help, but are not the complete answer. I cannot tell you how many times they've taken me to the wrong place or can't find the address that I need, so although it's a great idea, she'll still be calling.

I find a map works really well.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my GPS, I listen to a lovely British man tell me where to go. I don't say anymore that I have a GPS, I have Daniel. He's wonderful, I just need to learn to trust him.

Tink, I think that after a while the GPS' need updating with the new map and such. I know for my Garmin it's like 80 bucks to get the new map.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I have a GPS on my phone through Verizon which updates automatically. I rarely have problems with that, but unfortunately it only works well when there is a Verizon tower (not an issue in FL, but is in other states).

So, I get garmin or Hertz's version of a GPS when I rent a car (which I do out of state). I have to say I have all sorts of problems with garmin. The Hertz one ("never lost") isn't so bad, but Hertz's service and cars have fallen off so much lately that I've switched to using Alamo or National ... their cars are clean and they have what I book.

So, all that to say I find GPS a helpful tool, but not the magic be all end all to driving in unfamiliar places. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, maybe if the place can not be found....well, maybe you don't need to be there.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I lived at home with my Mum, our next door neighbour got lost in his car almost as soon as he drove out of the street.
    What makes this so funny is that he was a navigator in the Australian Air Force, guiding his Lancaster bomber on night raids during WW11!
    Maybe this is how our chip shop got bombed!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm kind of like Johnie, I can find almost anything, except in Washington D.C. That is one of the most frustrating cities I have ever driven in.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Denver.....Denver is a hidious city to get lost in...Give me my California freeway systems any day!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast