Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just tried to watch...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 67139
    TBH they have brought nothing but pleasure in our house! Bear in mind the kind of audience they are aiming for. I think they're fab! Couldn't watch a whole one myself though
    Love the under the breath comment!

Personally I love 'em but the only reason Gavin stayed awake during HSM3 is because he's developed a crush on Vanessa Hudgens!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodie, post: 67163
    Love the under the breath comment!

Personally I love 'em but the only reason Gavin stayed awake during HSM3 is because he's developed a crush on Vanessa Hudgens!

I've seen HSM3 twice now, I loved it - I'm all for a bit of cheesy romance and big song and dance numbers and it definitely felt more grown up than the other two - oh and then there was Zac - he's definitely grown up a lot! :D;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 67170

I've seen HSM3 twice now, I loved it - I'm all for a bit of cheesy romance and big song and dance numbers and it definitely felt more grown up than the other two - oh and then there was Zac - he's definitely grown up a lot! :D;)
    TWICE! I'm jealous! :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 67123
    Back in my day, we had Grease and Grease 2. I proudly say that I can sing all the songs to Grease 2 (my personal favorite).
    I LOVE grease, but hated grease 2 :(

I like the songs in high school musical though
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    The original HSM is pretty good--and it came out of no where, which made it more interesting. HSM2 felt very forced to me. Probably won't see HSM3 until it comes to television.

In terms of the main characters, IMHO Ashley Tisdale has the best voice and Vanessa Hudgens' voice has an annoying timbre and lacks power. I can hear every time she changes registers! And they increase the volume on her voice to be heard over the others

Realistically, nearly all musicals have limted story lines and can be considered "cheesey." From Busby Berkeley (spelling?) to the Frankie & Annette movies of the 60s to HSM and it's relatives. Even the musicals I love fall into that category--sadly. :sigh;

I consider "Grease" to be one of the worst musicals ever. But I'm not a fan of the 50s, so I'm a bit prejudiced on the story line and time period. IMHO, the leads (movie) have terrible voices--not much power and you can hear when they change registers--an absolute no-no in my book!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12