View Poll Results: Should Ross and Brand be fired?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Fire them! Serves them right!

5 20.00%
  • No way, it's just blown up out of proportion

20 80.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jonathan Ross & Russel Brand suspended

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaqld, post: 67599
    Trial by Daily Mail indeed!
    don't even get me started on that one ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry Claire, he's got a new show coming on Channel 4 soon. but he's off to the US first for a tour I wonder how he will go down

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 67600
    another channel will snap him up Claire
    I do hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 67602
    Could we not club together and buy him for Claire?
    I'd go to pieces. I wouldn't know where to start with him!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 67613
    Don't worry Claire, he's got a new show coming on Channel 4 soon. but he's off to the US first for a tour I wonder how he will go down
    And Ponderland starts tomorrow night!

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant believe Russell Brand has had to give up. shame on everyone who forced him into that position :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Ross has now been suspended for 12 weeks without pay - that's about 1.5m out of pocket for him

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Ross pulls out of Comedy Awards
    Jonathan Ross has stepped down from presenting the 2008 British Comedy Awards, ITV1 has announced.

The broadcaster said it backed the presenter's decision in the wake of the Radio 2 row concerning prank calls made to Fawlty Towers star Andrew Sachs.

Ross, 47, has been suspended from all BBC programmes for 12 weeks without pay as a result of the calls, which were made on Russell Brand's Radio 2 show.

The British Comedy Awards are set to be broadcast live on ITV1 on 6 December.

The ceremony is expected to go ahead, though no decision has been made over who will replace him.

The awards are in their 18th year and this would have been Ross's 17th year as host.

'Full support'

It had been reported that Ross would receive at least 100,000 for presenting the ceremony.

A spokesman for the entertainer said the British Comedy Awards was "a show he very much enjoys being part of."

However, he added, Ross did "not want his participation in this year's event to take away from the awards themselves or the many talented winners".

Peter Fincham, ITV's director of television, said his decision had been made "with the full support of ITV and the show's producers".

Last year's ceremony was not shown on TV following a phone-in voting irregularity which was uncovered on the 2005 show.

Viewers had been invited to vote in a section of the show which was broadcast with a half-hour time delay, despite the fact the winner had already been announced at the event.

Ross provoked fury among the BBC's senior management by joking during last year's show that his 6 million annual salary was "worth 1,000 BBC journalists".

'Good broadcaster'

Meanwhile, at Ross's home on Friday morning, preparations were taking place for the star's annual Halloween party.

Asked whether Ross would be at the party, his wife, author Jane Goldman, said: "It's my children's Halloween party."

Comedian Jimmy Carr, who was seen entering the Hampstead home, expressed his support for Ross, saying the issue had been been blown out of proportion and that Ross was a "national treasure".

It will be interesting to see how he manages given the damage to this radio station
    Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine

Speaking on Radio 4's The World At One, film producer and Channel 4 deputy chairman Lord Puttnam also gave his support for the presenter saying: "I like Jonathan Ross, he's a good broadcaster and a nice man.

"The biggest problem is the sheer breadth of what he's being asked to do - he's being urged to pretend he's 25."

Fellow Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine said he thought Ross would find returning from his BBC suspension difficult.

"It will be interesting to see how he manages given the damage to this radio station," he told BBC News.

"I'm going to be interested to see that - I'm not quite sure how it's going to work."

Russell Brand flew out the UK on Friday to fulfil work commitments in the US.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Jimmy Carr 100%

This whole episode has really annoyed me, I don't normally let things like this worry me but with everything else that is going on in the world at the moment, to still be the "main headlines" on the news is disgusting!

I hope Jonathan Ross resigns from the BBC, I'm sure he will soon get snapped up by another channel and radio station.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly Jonathan has to fulfill a three year contract Wendy otherwise I'm sure he would consider it.

Post Thanks / Like
    i wish they'd suspend Jeremy Vine! he's no better than Jeremy Kyle imo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 68492
    i wish they'd suspend Jeremy Vine! he's no better than Jeremy Kyle imo
    Don't get me started on Jeremy Vine! :mad:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234