Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When do you do yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not putting a tree up!

Post Thanks / Like
    We sometimes put the tree and decorations up the weekend of Thanksgiving. Sometimes we wait until December. It all depends on how much time we have.

We're having a houseful of guests for Christmas this year, so I'm guessing we'll get things up early so we are done with the moving and rearranging by the time the guests arrive.

We have an artificial tree, so that makes it easy to put it up early. We did have a real tree a couple of years ago, but man that was DISGUSTING after a few days. Ick. Not a good idea in Florida.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Since Thanksgiving is late this year, I'm putting the tree up Thanksgiving night and we can decorate it as the days follow . I put my Rudolph figurines in my curio already . And tomorrow when I pull down the Halloween lights, the Christmas ones are going up . They won't be lit till after Thanksgiving, but I'm getting a head start this year . No more waiting & rushing last minute .

Post Thanks / Like
    We typically decorate the day after Thanksgiving. We didn't do anything last year cause I cannot keep the cats out of the tree!! I'm hoping for a miracle this year.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, its going to be interesting , I can tell you that . I had Toby last year, that started out being this tiny little kitty . That tiny little kitty is bigger than my dachshund . And then along came Mr Binx which we now call Winky Dink . The two of them together reap havoc now .
    I usually put the tree in the center of the front windows , but I'm seriously thinking about putting the tree in the corner and leave the windows for them, which is their favorite spot .
    Do you get a real tree , Johnie ? I have a pre lit artificial in the attic . I'd love to get a slim tree , it'd be perfect , but they are $200.00 and I could buy alot of gifts .

Post Thanks / Like
    No, no real trees around here. I'd never get the cats away from that! We have an artificial pre-lit tree. It's really pretty.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what I thought ! Jim was talking of getting a real tree this year and I said I didn't think that was a good idea .

Post Thanks / Like
    The only cat who won't get near the tree is Cutie Pie. He got stuck in it when he was a kitten. I think it traumatized him! The rest won't leave the ornaments alone. I've tried everything and can't get them away from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww, poor kitty !

Post Thanks / Like
    Another artificial tree home. Apart from the practical aspects of getting a tree home in a compact car, real trees do not fare well in our warm, very dry climate. And if the weather turns cold (by our standards!), the additional warm air causes them to shed their needles quickly!

If I'm decorating the entire house, I have to start the first weekend in November. It takes three to four weekends to do the interior decorations.

These days, I'm solo and a bit lazy! So I've decreased the decorations significantly. Smaller tree, no train or village, and I only decorate the living room, dining room, foyer and family room. Possibly a few items in the kitchen, if I'm feeling particularly festive. :)

Probably will decorate/rearrange the last two weekends in November, since I won't be going to WDW Thanksgiving weekend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast