Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Political views in your family

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you agree or differ in your political views with your family?

My mother and maternal grandparents were die hard Democrats as I was growing up. My dad has always been an Independent. He truly votes for whoever he thinks will be best.

Sometime in the last 10-15 years my mom has become a Republican. I think that might have to do with that theory that one must be a Republican to be a Christian (which I do NOT agree with). She has been pretty mum about who she is voting for this year.

My sister has always been a Republican. I don't know where that came from.

I am what my father calls "a bleeding heart liberal". Maybe a wounded heart liberal.....I do think some things go too far sometimes :p015: I do try to gauge who I think will do the best job and will be open to voting whatever way that might be. I've yet to find a Republican I like enough to do that though.

Alysia is not old enough to vote. She says she's not sure what she is. I think she is actually pretty moderate minded and can see her being an Independent.

So, how does your family look?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    All of them, for as far back as I know and can remember were/are democrats.

Me? I'm a weird one. Ultra liberally conservative. I'm serious! :D Still a dem though.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That's interesting. I wonder how our family of origin truly affects our views?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I think quite a bit for the most part? At least for me. Although I do not share the majority of the beliefs (and values) of my family, I couldn't escape the environment and its effects, eh? :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It's always interesting to watch how closely kids follow their parents. Then it's also interesting how polar opposite a child can be to their parents.

People fascinate me :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm more polar opposite, but there are vestiges of their influence. :D LOL.

Yes, what on earth would we do without people? Can't imagine.

Post Thanks / Like
    My family never really talked politcs, but I suspect that my parents were Republicans. My sister is a die hard Republican and I swear it's only because she was raised that way. I am actually a registered Republican because of a test I took back during my senior year in High School when we first registered. Lately, though...I consider myself more of an Independent, although leaning more to the Democratic left in recent years.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always wondered about the registering of a party. I don't recall every doing that. I know we had a huge assembly in my senior year of high school and they registered us to vote. I don't remember if I put a party down.

Does your voter registration card say what you are? They don't here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your party affiliation determines which primary you will vote in.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my household my wife and I voted differently. She voted for Obama and I voted for McCain. I respect her views and she respects mine. I grew up in a very liberal(democratic) home and I believe that I am the only one of my siblings and of my parents who voted for McCain.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast