Thread: Tips and advice please

Post Thanks / Like
    We have the girl...we have the potty...now what do we do

Post Thanks / Like
    Sit her on it and tell her what it's for.

Well Steven was a nightmare and we eventually worked out that jumping straight to the big toilet was the way to go with him.

So you know how long she can go between going? When you think she might need to go sit her on it. If she goes, then you all go wild with excitement. If she stands up and put the potty on her head, well you try again later.

Oh and we went cold turkey with Steven too - no more diapers, just big boy underwear. Although for you it would be big girl underwear.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried all sorts of positive reinforcements with Alysia. None of it worked. She is an all or nothing sort of child. I had to throw the bottles away and then she was ok with the cup. I had to tell her if she wanted her birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, she had to go to the big girl potty all of the time. That clinched it for us.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tip 1 - Ignore the pressure from your parents!!

Most people over the age of 50 seem to think that a child should be potty trained from birth

'you were a breech delivery and you were on the pot before your head was out'

It takes a loooooong while - don't be hassled :D

Post Thanks / Like
    wait till the summer then have her run around in the garden - no accidents in the house. Oh and invest in tonnes of stickers to reward her. We had pooey stickers all over the fridge at one time

Post Thanks / Like
    Well this is all very good advice, thanks!! I will let her put the potty on her head, run around naked in the yard, and give her stickers to make my parents angry :rofl:

No really - it does help. I admit being a bit afraid of all this. Maybe I'll mess her up and she will end up wearing diapers forever

Post Thanks / Like
    That is not going to happen. She'll want to go to school like the big kids and they have to be potty trained so.....

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    when you go potty bring her in and make her go in there with you and have her sit on her potty...Im not much help here I only had complete success with potty training my son...my daughter was a nightmare! The summer after her 4th birthday I stopped buying diapers, put her in a bathing suit and put her outside...I told her that if she pees or poos her pants in front of her friends she better not come to me crying....so psychological warfare for me worked....

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep relaxed. It will happen. Have the potty in the bathrooms and have her sit on it and play with it. Don't stress on it though as i promise she will be out of diapers before she starts school.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    As the others have said Shelly, the only other thing i would say is when she goes potty give her lots of praise, that worked for my kids, a little tip though dont let her empty it by herself as it goes all over the place as i know
    Good Luck
    Jacqui xxx