Thread: On A Mission To Find Scoop Part 2

Post Thanks / Like
    It was about 8:00 AM when I opened my eyes to a nice smile and a Good Morning . Coffee is ready . Talk about service . I joked that I hope I wouldn't scare her . As my hair is a fright wig in the morning . We both cracked up . My cell phone rang at 9 AM . It was Christian letting me know that he and his Nan were on their way . Cindy use to be a CM and I hadn't seen them in over 2 years . I was so excited to see them both . They live in Leesburg , a good 45 minute drive to Disney . We were on a mission to find Scoop . I had learned a few days before I left that 12 Hidden Mickey pins were released . Cindy & Christian also are pin collectors . I told Christian I would head over to the MK and hook up with them there . I hung up, jumped a shower and said my see ya laters to Marie & John . We had an ADR for the Clambake Cafe at 6:00 PM .
    As I entered the Lobby , I saw the greeter . It was a woman , I had not seen before . I stopped to chat and inquired about Art . I'm sure Sister Tink knows of Art . A gracious African American elderly dear, sweet man that greets you with a salute and the warmest smile . I had the pleasure of chatting with Art several times in 2006 , when Jim and I stayed at the BC . I was so relieved when she told me Art was still with them and would be there the next day . She was wearing a pin lanyard, but had nothing I needed . We chatted about the new CM pins and told me they were out there . She gave me a LE retired yacht & beach club pin . I thanked her for the pin and went out the front sliding doors to wait for the MK bus . As I walked across the bridge admiring the atmosphere and beauty of the BC , the MK bus pulled up .
    Within minutes, I was at the MK , walking through security, checking out my stone and taking a nice deep fun filled breath . I put my tix through the machine and I was going through the turnstile . As I walked through the tunnel and came out on the other side ... therte was Scoop . LOL What was the chances . He saw me and said ... weren't you just here or didn't you leave . I Wish !!! LOL He was going on break, but told me he'd be out and about . I called Cindy and they had not arrived yet . So, I got on the train and went to Toontown . I couldn't remember when Tinkerbell & her fairy friends were appearing . Once I found out , Tink wouldn't be there did the 26th , I went over to see Mickey . I walked right through his house and there was only a 10 minute wait to see him . After hugging Mickey, I went over to Goofy's Barnstormer . It was there I found my first new Hidden Mickey pin , the Mickey Cherry Pie pin . I rode Goofy's Barnstormer and as I was getting off my phone rang . Great Timing ! I picked up to hear Cindy say ... We're Here ! I waited 5 minutes for the train and got off at Main Street . I'm looking & looking for Cindy and Chris . I calledc and said Where R U ? She said I'm looking at you , but the hat shop . There you are ... so I ran over and we both had tears . Once we stopped hugging & giggling ... we waited for Christian to finish winning his game of checkers . When he stood up , he was almost as tall as me . I was like Holy, Moly, two years and two feet later . These kids grow up too, too fast .
    As we walkred onto Main Street , we spotted Scoop . Christian & Cindy played mystery pin trade with him . He told me he wasn't picking his new pins up until Thursday . I shared with him that I was now a CM in my area and he said, sweetie, your here so much and you are what we need here . Why don't you just come here to live . In time, Scoop, in due time !
    I asked Chris what he wanted to do and he said Space Mountain . Now, SM , is a ride I no longer do, but today I was doing it for Chris . Boy, Did We Do It !!! The CM gave Chris VIP for the rest of the day . After the 3rd time, Cindy said, you want to ride again, to me , thinking she was going, I said, yeah, she said , good, I'll hold your stuff . Thanks, Cindy ... I Love You Too . LOL So, Chris and I rode it another three times . I offered Chris some money for the arcade . What 11 year old doesn't like video games .
    Aftere the arcade games and another great pin find . We went on BuzzLightyear and the Transit Authority . We stopped at Cosmic Rays for lunch . I had the Chicken Ceasar Salad and Carrot Cake . Christian got chicken nuggets and Cindy had the turkey wrap .
    Afterwards , we headed to Adventureland and rode POTC and the Jungle Cruise .. then off to Frontierland to ride SM and BTMR . I could not believe that the rides were virtually walk on . The longest we waited was 10 minutes for SM . We took the short cut to the HM . It was going for anout 4:00 PM , so we headed over to Main Street to do some shopping . I bought a gorgeous chenille blue Tinkerbell sweater and my bat ears for MNSSHP . I got Cindy the tapestry throw they offered for $15.00 with a $40.00 purchase . Since I had dinner with Marie & John , Cindy & Christian headed to DTD . We made arrangements to meet back over at Hollywood Studios at 6:30 PM .
    dinner is always great at the Cape May Clambake . The first time I ever had dinner there was with Johnie and her dear family .
    After dinner, I took the boat over to HS , another great perk of staying at the BC . Cindy & Chris met me out front . We strolled over to Toy Story Mania and wwas shocked to find out that it was only a 20 minute wait . We rode it and made our way to Fantasmic . Fantasmic has become my favorite nightime spectacular . I LoVe Wishes, but Fantasmic has Steamboat Willie and Sorceror Mickey . LOL
    We stopped in the stores on the way out and I purchased a Walt Disney World football for Chris . We stopped in guest services on the way out to look at the pin book . To our surprise, we both got a couple of the new hidden mickey pins . As we exited I hugged Cindy and Chris and we have plans to see each other in June . It was so good to see them both .
    Theboat had stopped running , so I asked a bus driver which bus stop I would use to go back to the BC . He told me to wait at Bus Stop 8 . We stopped at CBR first, then circled the Epcot resorts before I was dropped off at the BC . I stopped by the Marketplace to buy a soda and the CM had two more of the new pins on her lanyard . I had completed one set of the new series in one day . What Magic !
    I quietly entered the villa as Marie & John were in bed . I pulled my sofabed out , made a 7AM wake up call as Epcot was having extra morning hour and crashed right out .
    Part 3 Epcot and MNSSHP with pics .

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow sounds like you had a fab time Tinker and a busy one, wouldnt it be magical if you did move there, and got a job in WDW, i would be able to see you every visit cant wait for the pics
    Jacqui xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Great trippie Debs Never say never, you just don't know what's round the corner

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved reading your report....well done on those pins!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It may be sooner than you all think . I'm determined to make *my* life a priority . I have dug myself back to that dark hole again and to be honest, I'm tired . I know where I want/need to be and I'm going for it . Sorry to say, it may take some major changes in my life .