35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real Christmas tree

11 31.43%
  • Artificial tree

24 68.57%
  • neither

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Real christmas tree or artificial?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love a real tree, but I'm purchasing my first fake tree this year. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the idea of a potted tree, but the ground gets a little hard around here after Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Artificial pre-lit in our house, saves a lot of arguments and broken lights!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammiepo, post: 71501
    I love the idea of a potted tree, but the ground gets a little hard around here after Christmas.
    urgh! i had a potted Christmas tree indoors a few years ago and i was left with small spiders running around my dining room walls and ceiling - i HATE spiders.....i had my hoover on standby for weeks after so i could hoover the little blighters up every morning :(

i left it outside thinking i may be able to plant it and it started to grow very nicely but one day i thought there were dew drops on it - turned out to be an army of teeny spiders who all started marching along my decking:shocked025:

The tree went that day and i only ever have a cut one now...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 71504
    urgh! i had a potted Christmas tree indoors a few years ago and i was left with small spiders running around my dining room walls and ceiling - i HATE spiders.....i had my hoover on standby for weeks after so i could hoover the little blighters up every morning :(
    Oh my! That happened to me too the year before last!!! I spent weeks afterwards looking for them. :shocked025:I detest spiders.. I will never buy from that supplier again....:(
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Artificial, got a nice tall bushy one that looks good and it has lasted us 8 years so far - I agree with the save a tree argument + not so many pine needles to hoover up.

Its one of those customs that if you thing to hard about it you enevitably come to the conclusions that its all a bit bonkers anyway

Still wouldn't be christmas without one :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Artificial one here. We used to get real trees, but now after having Katelyn it just wasn't something we wanted to deal with. Well I guess between Katelyn and the dog..:rolleyes008:

We buy a Christmas tree scented Yankee Candle :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    Fake tree for us, especially with the dogs who think "if it smells like a real tree is must be a real tree and therefore I can use to......" well you get the idea :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 71525
    Fake tree for us, especially with the dogs who think "if it smells like a real tree is must be a real tree and therefore I can use to......" well you get the idea :rolleyes008:
    hmm interesting with electric lights :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 71517
    We buy a Christmas tree scented Yankee Candle :p015:
    What an awesome idea.

We're articial tree people. Small boy, dog, no room for big tree, save a tree. I'd love a real tree but can't justify it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast