Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isafari's Disney History

Post Thanks / Like
    which I love, by the way, start my morning off that way.
    Now today she reported that at one time Disney thought of starting a park with a history theme, am I the only one that thinks that is still a great idea?

Post Thanks / Like
    I too like to start the day with Isafari's histories!

I think it would be great! I'm not sure if the world would agree, but I know I surely would like something like that. I'll bet our Dawn would too! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Just the USA history from the Mayflower to men walking on the moon would make a big park and the way Disney could do it would be wonderful. I think of just the history that I have lived to see, even that much would make a park.:p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    It would indeed! I'd love to see some really ancient history though, too. I always preferred the history of Ireland to the US. Can you imagine all the legends and the myths? That would make an incredible park!!

Maeve? Boudicca? Grania? Well, we'd have to include some men too, of course. Cuchuilian might do, and Amergin... :D

At any rate, it would be a wicked idea! I don't think we'll ever see it GrammiePo, but we sure can dream!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh , Ireland, so right you are, with the little people and all that goes with them. I was thinking of all the children in the US ,that hate history and how Disney could make it come alive for them.
    As to never see it, I have seen so much already, I would never ,say never, maybe a Disney person is reading our post, and will strat the idea off running. Dreaming here, but who knows??

Post Thanks / Like
    another fan of the history thread

Now if its history it would have to be 'proper history' ;)

stoneage, egyptian, rome, ancient greece, medieval, etc :D

Post Thanks / Like
    The history park was to be opened in Virginia. In theory it seems like a good idea. Given what Disney did to Pocahontas :mad: I don't think it's a good idea at all.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I like the comprehensive nature of the "world history" approach. There could be different "eras" or historical settings and the like.

Unfortunately, much of our history is recorded as wars. We'd have to do something about that, eh? Could we indulge in propaganda and have the wars depicted as only devastation and loss, and not romanticize the results? Too much personal opinion there!

It would be a great educational tool, if it weren't too Disneyfied! LOL! (History, I mean).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that's what I mean Johnie. For it to be a true educational tool, it would have to be realistic.

Or, barring realism, going for entertainment then it would lose the educational factor. That would be a shame.

Virginia is a good example of how true history can be entertainment and a learning tool all at once. Williamsburg and the like...

Post Thanks / Like
    Williamburg is a lovely place. As are Yorktown and Jamestown. They have done a remarkable job down there to recreate history in a realistic light.

Richmond could certainly follow suit but they won't.

I also think people expect a certain standard from Disney and I cannot see that they would be able to do well with a history park. History purists are not going to be happy and people who just want to have fun won't be happy either.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast