Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ Take 2 ~ May 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say the Cheesecake Factory (yum) but I know you've already been there! Not too sure onsite!

Post Thanks / Like
    well there are loads i wish i could have tried...one that friends ecomended to us was coral reef at epcot...if my kids werent so fussy eaters i would have tried this, maybe you could try it for me!!!

we did eat at whispering canyon and although we had a load of fun in there it was far to loud!!!!
    food was lovely though.

and i would also like to meet alice and the mad hatter so the character dining with them would be suggested from me too.

and as mad as it might sound i would like to try hooters!!!!!

also had a fab meal at tony romas......i would strongly recomend this one!!!!

ok, there is my offering, hope you may like some of therm!!
    Claire xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mInNiE, post: 74734
    I would say the Cheesecake Factory (yum) but I know you've already been there! Not too sure onsite!
    Yes we love the Cheesecake Factory. Nick wants to eat there every night.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsc, post: 74740
    well there are loads i wish i could have tried...one that friends ecomended to us was coral reef at epcot...if my kids werent so fussy eaters i would have tried this, maybe you could try it for me!!!

we did eat at whispering canyon and although we had a load of fun in there it was far to loud!!!!
    food was lovely though.

and i would also like to meet alice and the mad hatter so the character dining with them would be suggested from me too.

and as mad as it might sound i would like to try hooters!!!!!

also had a fab meal at tony romas......i would strongly recomend this one!!!!

ok, there is my offering, hope you may like some of therm!!
    We tried Coral Reef last time so I tell you about that now. The food was really good, I had a chicken dish and it was very tasty. TBH I was a bit worried about the food as I am quite fussy but enjoyed this dish very much so. The restaurant is lovely and very unique, but the service was not good at all. And we also had problems as they wouldn't accept my driving license as a form of ID even though they accepted it everywhere else. If your interested in trying it for the setting maybe try Sharks Underwater Grill at SW. The setting is somewhat similar but the food and service is much better. They also do steak and chicken for fussy eaters :smile:

If you liked Whispering Canyon but found it too noisy maybe try and get the last lunchtime reservation next time, if you want to go back of course. This is when we went and there was only about 7 tables of people.

For Alice and Mad Hatter are at 1900 Park Fayre which we have been to twice for breakfast. Both the food and character interaction are superb here and I would highly recommend it.

Your not mad for wanting to try Hooters, we were the same last time. The food is nothing particularly special (although we never tried the famous wings) but the atmosphere is great. You must try it next time :tongue:

We have never been to Tony Roma's before and Nick loves ribs so this will definitely be one we consider for off site. Do they do good cocktails? :wink:

Thanks very much for all your ideas, they were great. What was your favorite on-site restaurant this time?

April 2009 ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ Take 2 ~ New Pre Trip Report
    April 2008 ~ CSR & Villa; July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 ~ I-drive and Fort Lauderdale
    :tiggersblinkie:
    DLP ~ 1993, 1995, 2001, NYE 2006, 2007, Halloween 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ Take 2 ~ Pt. 7

The One Where The Magic Really Begins...
    ...Way Before We Even Get To WDW

To Make A Holiday Practically Perfect You Need To Have A Perfect Plan
    In Pursuit of the 'Perfect Plan' ~ A Little Help From Friends Can Go A Long Way, Pt. 2

SUBJECT OF THE DAY ~ TWO:

Following on from the all important subject of food, and along the same lines, another subject very close to my heart

.... SNACKS AND COCKTAILS

Yes I know thats 2 things but since there are only so many ideas for both I thought it would be better to put them together.
    Now since we are on the DDP we will be getting 1 snack a day, thats 20 snacks each in total. Now I have to admit this is something I don't know too much about. After all we love to enjoy lots of table service meals which doesn't leave too much room for all the yummy snacks that Disney has to offer. But this time we are definitely going to indulge ourselves, after all they are included. I know some of you may have already mentioned some snacks but I would love to hear about them again.
    And of course I had to include cocktails at some point, after all you know how I love my cocktails. Obviously I have tried a few, but when it comes to cocktails I quite often tend to be a creature of habit and order the same thing. However this time I am determined to be more adventurous and try some new things.
    So here is what I would like to know from you all:

What are your favorite snacks and where are they from?

Is there any snacks that you would avoid?

What are the best snacks available on the DDP?

What cocktails would you recommend? Where are they from and what do they have in them?

What other drinks would you recommend?

April 2008 ~ CSR & Villa; July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 ~ I-drive and Fort Lauderdale

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this one counts as a snack on the DDP - Dole Whip!! You can get them from Aloha Isle opposite Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse in Adventureland and they are fab.

I know from your DLP report that you like Baileys so try a Mudslide Martini, which is a mixture of Vodka, Baileys and Creme de Cacao.
    David

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wickesy, post: 75094
    I think this one counts as a snack on the DDP - Dole Whip!! You can get them from Aloha Isle opposite Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse in Adventureland and they are fab.

I know from your DLP report that you like Baileys so try a Mudslide Martini, which is a mixture of Vodka, Baileys and Creme de Cacao.
    I have actually tried a Dole Whips, it one of the only snacks we have had. I heard so many great reports about them we all tried them a few years ago. It was yummy :smile:

That cocktail sounds so, so good. Where do they do them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel2008, post: 75095
    That cocktail sounds so, so good. Where do they do them?
    It's on the cocktail list that is in all the resort bars. I'm sure there's a couple of other Baileys based ones on there as well, in fact I've tried quite a few from that list and they've all been nice.
    David

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wickesy, post: 75139
    It's on the cocktail list that is in all the resort bars. I'm sure there's a couple of other Baileys based ones on there as well, in fact I've tried quite a few from that list and they've all been nice.
    Thanks, I definitely plan on trying a few of these :tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey hun
    I have just read your plans so far a woman after my own heart; starting with what you what, what you really really want (is that a song) then sensible head having a say, looking for a cheaper option which would mean more money for bags etc (think what your saving) to finally working/finding out how to get what you wanted all along for the correct amount of money you wanted to spend. Congratulations!

What a lot of work and planning and its only the beginning I am so excited for you and Nick what a fabulous time you both are going to have. And how lucky are we that you decided to share your plans I so enjoyed reading your last trippie and the pictures were brilliant. So what’s next? I am afraid I have never stayed on site so cannot recommend food or cocktails but i see you are talking to David he knows a lot about cocktails lol (read his last trippie).

Can i ask a question, what is Magic Your Way Passes?

This has nothing to do with thetread but have you seen the new smilies???? They are brilliant.

xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya just bumping this thread to find out if there are any new plans/ideas yet?:biggrin:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456