Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Friday Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it's cold and grey here. I couldn't be happier. (I know, I'm not normal) I love the cloudy days. We also expect snow. I haven't seen snow in over two years, so I'm excited.

I have to workout today on the treadmill and work on school work. I have a paper staring me in the face. However, I am going to watch a movie first and then get started on the have-tos today.

Post Thanks / Like
    cloudy for weeks and blowing gales :( so no stargazing here

anyway a nice chinese takeaway on the cards tonight and a weekend of playing videogames with th eboys in prospect - sounds good to me :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it is already pretty warm here for 9am. They say it is going to be around 60 today and I am going to enjoy every minute of it because by Tuesday it is going to be 28 during the day and in the teens at night :rolleyes008: When Dh gets home from work we are going to put our outdoor Christmas stuff up so we don't have to do it in the cold and snow. Hooray!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 72881
    anyway a nice chinese takeaway on the cards tonight and a weekend of playing videogames with th eboys in prospect - sounds good to me :D

that sounds like fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    No dancing competitions this weekend :207: instead I will spend Sunday (my birthday :rolleyes008:) watching DS play in his first 11 a side football match. The team they are playing are top of their league and have been playing 11 a side for ages. DS is goalie in his first full size goal so we are expecting him to have back ache picking all of those balls up out the back of his goal

Sometime we have to get the garden sorted as soon we will have a dozen celebrities camped out in it mistaking it for the Australian jungle :rolleyes008:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    aww, good luck to your DS Lisa!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 72908
    aww, good luck to your DS Lisa!
    Thank you they will need it! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    The weather here is dismal...overcast and downright...balmy.

Tonight is "date night." Andrew is on babysitting duty (hey, free pizza is a small price to pay for good childcare )

I surprised Jon with tickets to the Westport Playhouse for "An Evening With Duncan Sheik & Friends" Sheik wrote the music for Jon's favorite Broadway play, Spring Awakening and will be performing those along with a selection of other songs tonight. The Playhouse was a passion of Paul Newman; next weekend they will hold a tribute to him. There is also a video tribute to him on their website...very sweet. We'll be dining at the theatre at a little place called The Dressing Room...also a favorite of Paul Newman's.

So, Jon is taking the train here to Westport after work, and we'll enjoy a nice dinner and an evening of music...

The rest of the weekend is pretty free...a bit of cooking for the upcoming holidays, as well as some tidying for my guests coming *next* weekend (ladies, you know who you are )

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss Paul Newman :(

It is gray and drizzly here. I have all the cases updated and have made the ones I can elgible for services. I am going to see one of my clients graduate from drug court this afternoon. A co-worker and I are going out for drinks this evening. A much deserved celebration for surviving this mess here at work!

We're going to see Spamalot in Norfolk on Sunday and I am also looking forward to that.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll join in with the gray and overcast dreary day forecast. Of course, I expect my day to get warmer and sunnier because I'm flying home today. I'm in the airport right now, as a matter of fact. :)

We'll be joining the nation on Saturday, gathered at the Orlando courthouse (along with thousands of others gathered at their respective courthouses) to show solidarity in our belief that all the citizens of the USA are created equal and should be treated equal under the law.

Will do some homey chores as well, and get on with planning for the upcoming week.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast