Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home from New York

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we are back from New York. Had a super time and only one low.

The on low -
    American Airlines. I have never had such poor service on a flight before. We were lucky to have bulk head seats to and from New York and the flights were early landing both ways. We got offered a drink and meal and then never saw any crew until an hour before landing when we were given a snack or breakfast. The food was horrible. I ate hardly any of it on the outbound flight and then refused it all on the inbound. I have never gotten of a flight feeling hungry before until this flight. I would fly with them again if the price was right but not with my dd. Only as a means to an end if you get my drift. One good point they did not charge us for being over with our luggage allowance
    The highs -

The New yorkers were great. Good hotel (hotel newton) and even though we were not in the heart of it all it was only a short subway journey. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The rooms were a little small. My cousin did not like her room at all due to it being small but they upgraded her for free. The subway is cheap and a very easy safe way to get around New york. I would travel on my own on it .
    The food was all yummy and i think i gained a few pounds although we walked so much i think this stopped me gaining more.
    The most important bit the shopping. Excellent is all i can say. I did not realise how much i had bought until i got home . Woodbury common was good especialy if you like designer wear. I am not into it but got some good bargain especially in Yankee candles. New Jersay Gardens was great. If you like the Florida mall you will love this place. It is hugh and you will be spoilt for choice. Its really easy to get to. Of course the shops in Manhattan are great as well. Most were decorated for christmas.
    I never made the chocolate restraunt but did get to Serendipitys and it was worth the 40 minute wait.
    I did not keep notes i am afraid but will post photos when i can. Might take a week as busy next week with appointments for dd.

Post Thanks / Like
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! So glad you had a nice time!!! Can't wait to see the photos!!!

Also good to hear the shops are getting outfitted in their Holiday Cheer!!! Was hoping you'd say that, as I'm headed there next weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home Michelle, glad you had a great time, I can't wait to hear more :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you had a great time sorry about AA though ;/ they were pretty good last time I used them :(

Look forward to the photos
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 72923
    Sounds like you had a great time sorry about AA though ;/ they were pretty good last time I used them :(

Look forward to the photos
    Just one of those things. They got us there and home safe and sound so thats the most important thing and thankfully they did not seem bothered that we were all over our luggage allowance.

Also good to hear the shops are getting outfitted in their Holiday Cheer!!! Was hoping you'd say that, as I'm headed there next weekend!
    The shops are looking good especially Macy's. Have fun there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time!!

The hotel rooms in NYC are tiny! I'm heading up there next weekend with my girls!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to have you back Michelle. Now i need to know more about the shopping. What did you get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back! Glad you had a great time! :p015:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Photos? Did you say photos? I LOVE photos!

Shame about AA though. It can be hit and miss sometimes with these airlines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hooray!! Welcome home

can't wait to see pictures :p015:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast