Thread: Day 1 getting there

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the alarm went off at 5.30 after doing online check in the day before we only needed to be there 60 minís before the cases were locked and ready by the door so we were up and away pretty quick. 2 hours down the motorway and we arrive for my 1st ever glimpse of Gatwick airport , boy its huge compared with Newcastle and Manchester. We head for the parking plus car park and take a wrong turning and end up in the wrong car park and have to get help to get out. Eventually we are parked up and board the bus.
    We get to bag drop to be told were on an hour delay but hey ho. Anyway Dave guides me around the duty free and eateries while we wait for time to go to the gate.
    The flight is the most relaxing Iíve had as I am terrified of flying but Dave held my hand and talked to me and I was just so relaxed.
    We landed into Orlando international about 4.40 we got off the plane and through immigration without to many hold ups we collect our bags and as they were roller bags kept them with us as we get the monorail to the main building. We go to pick up the car from budget car rental and they guy tries the usual upgrade and add-onís thing eventually we head over into the parking lot to pick up the car a black one donít know what make it is but it did the job of getting us from A to B.
    We head off from the airport to the hotel on universal blvd, I had stayed here before so knew where it was so we arrived without any wrong turns. Once we get checked in I empty the cases and we head out for some food.
    We walk onto universal drive down past wet and wild past a few eating places just looking around, neither of us is that hungry so we opt for KFC and an early night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good start Ann.....but you know what day I'm waiting for don't you? :champers1:

What did you think of that KFC? We went there a couple of years back and it is the only truly bad meal we've had in Florida.

Post Thanks / Like
    dont ask lol it wasn't nice the chicken was ok but the rest was pretty yucky but we werent to hungry so it did us

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you were ok on the flight - sounds like a nice easy start to your hols!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great start Ann. Can't wait to read more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    great start off to find more

Post Thanks / Like
    Great start.:smile: