Thread: Day 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 2
    well were awake real early think it was 4.30 and so excited. we had bought some doughnuts from Walgreens the night before so they did us as a quick breakfast as we decided a trip to Wal-Mart on turkey lake road was in order to stock up on a few essentials, I managed to get us going down the wrong road but it was fine after several left turns down the wrong roads we end up on turkey lake road and find Wal-Mart. I must admit I know this is a fairly new Wal-Mart but I did think how much cleaner it was than the ones I had visited in the past anyway we bought some provisions to see us through for a few days and a beach towel which I think was barging of the holidays at $6.99 but its huge and fits around my ample size very nicely lol.......
    Dave asks what I would like to see and my must see's for this trip so I rime off a couple of things Celebration being top of my list as I have always wanted to visit but never been allowed to go, so my prince charming sets off in the direction of 192 and not long till were turning into celebration drive, now I remember from isafai's reports that front street, and market street are where its all happening so we head there passing some house's which are still decorated from Halloween which are so nice Dave takes a couple of pictures of them.
    we reach the uni and turn around realising we are headed out of town and soon find a parking bay on the road.
    we walk down market street and I spot a Pandora sign in the jewellers window so in we go I purchase 2 stoppers and a bead and a spacer which comes to $95 dollars which Dave pays for :)
    we carry on down and cross the road to the lovely bay area of the lake where there are rocking chairs and shade umbrellas up

Dave notices the map and we go and look at it before heading round towards the fountains where we sit for a while in the really hot sunshine. we carry on round then head back on the other side of the street.
    Celebration was everything I imagined such friendly people and a really clean town we leave after just over an hour but I am sure we will return............................................ ....
    Dave then says shall we go to downtown Disney as its on the way back to which I happily agree. Dave hasn't been to downtown Disney before and is not sure what to expect I direct him to the parking at market place as I always figure this is a good start place.
    1st port of call is Christmas shop WOW I am in heaven I look at the decorations but donít buy anything just yet I want to wait until the end of the week. we head back outside and over towards where the scrapbook shop was ITS SHUT!!!!!!!!!! opening fall 2008, this is fall 2008 how dare it be shut!!!!!
    we wonder on through market place taking a few snaps outside various shops

and onto pleasure island as was, stop outside the adventures club for a pic and cant help feeling sad its closed what are Disney thinking of closing this place there mad!

we reach the west side where there setting up festival of the masters we look in a couple of shops and Dave looks at some art work on the stalls when I start to feel a little light headed so we have a sit down before heading back.
    on the way back we stop off and get an ice-cream at Ghirardelli which is huge Dave chooses mint choc chip and I have vanilla we sit outside and eat them and boy were they good but took forever to eat. the sun is going down as we sit looking out over the lake.

we head back to the car.
    As were heading back Dave ask's if I want to go to premium outlets so we do............ does a girl need asked twice to shop :)
    we wander around the shops and realise that a new part to the mall has just opened making it even bigger. I am desperately searching for some footwear as my sandals are hurting me and know im not going to be able to wear them all week and its going to spoil the days if my feet are hurting but cant find anything. we realise its getting quiet late now and we havenít eaten, having passed an outback steak house on the way in we try to get in there but its packed out and people waiting every where so we decided to drive to idrive.
    Dave spots cattlemanís steak house so in we go, Dave has a sirloin and I have a rib eye and onion rings which come with a sauce which somehow gets spilled all over my handbag and floor, anyway we mop it up and enjoy our food before heading back to the hotel for some sleep as were shattered. I think we packed a week into a day today :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Great report Ann Love the photos.....You look so lonesome on the steps of AC! :(

When we went to Celebration we were there quite a while as there was a radio show on and some of the kids from the High School Musical film were performing along with other stars who we hadn't heard of

Did you get new sandals then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 73560
    Great report Ann Love the photos.....You look so lonesome on the steps of AC! :(

Did you get new sandals then?
    i was sad it was closed.

wait for day 3 will ya lol.................

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a really full day.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow - how busy were you? love your photos and it's really nice to put a face to the name!