Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My afternoon at the National Zoo

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been a few weeks so I am sorry the photos are late. Work has been crazy.

We had gone up to USCwest's house on Sat. for Lobtoberfest. Beccaberry & hers and luvthemouse and 2 of her children joined us as well. We had a lovely time eating lots of yummy shrimp and lobster and visiting with friends. Thank you John and Donna!!

Anyway, Beccaberry and I pricelined a hotel in Fairfax and headed off there. We met later in the evening for a light snack and chatted a bit. We met up the next morning and had an early lunch at Olive Garden. Baleigh was extremely happy we all agreed to this and I always like to make a child happy when I can :p015: We headed off to DC in hopes of going to the National Zoo. Traffic was horrid as always in DC. Mike and I lucked out and found a parking spot. Beccaberry was not so lucky After several texts back and forth we said our goodbyes that way.

Mike and I visited the cheetah area. The female cheetah was very active. The 3 boys were lazy and just rolling around in the grass. Guess which pose made me a bit nervous? There was nothing but a tiny little pond separating the two of us in the picture.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have many, many happy memories of visiting the National Zoo with my parents. We went up to DC every Saturday when I was little. Dad saw a weight loss doctor up there and then we were off to the Smithsonian or the Zoo for the rest of the day. My favorite animal is the tiger but I love, love, love the giant pandas. Ling-Ling and Hsing-Hsing were brought from China in 1972 and I grew up with them When they died, I was devastated. I still get upset when I go into the panda house and see the placards to them. Here they are

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am having a moment now.

ok. The Zoo now has two new pandas, Mei Xiang and Tian Tian. We tried to see them in the outside area but he was moving fast. Seems he wanted to get back inside to enjoy a bit of bamboo :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yummy bamboo

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a couple more

Post Thanks / Like
    We spent ages watching the pandas. The elephant house is being refurbished so we didn't get to see them. We decided to head home and stop off at IKEA and Wegmans on the way home. We had a lovely weekend with lots of great friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is it about pandas? They are just too fascinating, aren't they? Nice to know you had a good weekend!

Thanks for the photos, Johnie.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Panda's are great but for me it's a lion. Something about the magnificent mane. Thanks Johnie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic photos Johnie. The last panda photo is gorgeous...so adorable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do love the pandas. I don't know what it is about them but they are so sweet. I'm glad you guys liked the pictures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast