Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginning to Look Like Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 74074
    No, it opens next week but the structures are up now.
    Yes, guess they need to be up and running for the weekend. It is usually sponsored by Chick fil a (did I spell that right?). They used to give you a cassette to pop in that was supposed to go with the display. You also got a coupon for a sandwich.:p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew it was sponsored by someone else! It's sponsored by McDonalds this year according to the sign.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Southeast Queensland had our worst summer storm in 25 years on Sunday night and they are predicting worse to come, so that's looking like Christmas here.

About 250,000 homes lost power - we were lucky, we only lost it for a few minutes.

Some parts of Brisbane look like a hurricane hit them, some of the local schools are closed (not Gareth's :p ) and they have called in the army to help with the cleanup. We were very very lucky the worst that happened to us was the trampoline is now forcibly parked against the back fence.

I am going to start Xmas shopping soon - I have been looking for things to tell people when they ask me "What does Gareth want!". And I know what I want, so that's the important part covered off!

Ah, Christmas, can't wait!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that the real freezing cold weather hasn't really started, but I absolutely froze here tonight after school. I was shaking uncontrollably. I blame it on my Florida blood. I may not make it through the winter up here. I just realized that I'm within 50 miles of Wisconsin...honestly I didn't realize I was so far north. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaqld, post: 74100
    Southeast Queensland had our worst summer storm in 25 years on Sunday night and they are predicting worse to come, so that's looking like Christmas here.

About 250,000 homes lost power - we were lucky, we only lost it for a few minutes.

Some parts of Brisbane look like a hurricane hit them, some of the local schools are closed (not Gareth's :p ) and they have called in the army to help with the cleanup. We were very very lucky the worst that happened to us was the trampoline is now forcibly parked against the back fence.

I am going to start Xmas shopping soon - I have been looking for things to tell people when they ask me "What does Gareth want!". And I know what I want, so that's the important part covered off!

Ah, Christmas, can't wait!
    Oh sorry to hear about that. Glad you escaped somewhat unscathed. Have to keep in mind that Christmas is your time for the beaches...and barbaques.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 74375
    Oh sorry to hear about that. Glad you escaped somewhat unscathed. Have to keep in mind that Christmas is your time for the beaches...and barbaques.
    It has been really bad for the folks affected -- Luckily it seems to have stopped raining today finally!

Yes, definitely looking forward to beaches and barbecues!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12