Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beginning to Look Like Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    And feel it too! Big cold front going through. Good. We set record highs last week. (Felt JUST like being at WDW - warm, slight breeze and humid).

Now to the post...they are setting up all the lights for Saturday's Grand Illumination of the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth. There will be parades with bands and floats and the throwing of the "switch" to light up both sides of the water. I have to change out the public show to put in our Christmas show 'tis The Season. This planetarium show goes into the customs of the holidays such as candles, gift giving, and the possible explanations for the Christmas Star. Guess I will be putting on all the Christmas Music - radio stations have already started 24 hours of holiday music already...sheesh.

Oh well Happy Holidays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh sounds so pretty! I've not ever seen it.

Are you going to be able to take any photos? :D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, yes, photos please. :D
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    It is snowing here today!!!! Up north they are looking at about 10 inches so far :bounce009:

Dh and I have had the Christmas music going and last night we all sat and watched Mickey's once upon a Christmas. Katelyn loved it!! We have one radio station that is all Christmas now and for the first time ever in my life I am thinking about shopping on black friday I have the Christmas bug..

Post Thanks / Like
    We were down in Norfolk yesterday and then went to Va Beach so I could see the ocean. It calms me :p015: Anyway, they had the lights on the boardwalk up. It was nice to see. It was also freezing down by the water!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh, they are calling for snow tonight (just in time for the Buffalo Bills Monday night football game!) in our area. It looks like just about 2" in my town but close by they are calling for over 12"! Yucko!

I'll take snow on Christmas Eve and Day but for the other 363 days a year I'll take sunshine and HEAT!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 74067
    We were down in Norfolk yesterday and then went to Va Beach so I could see the ocean. It calms me :p015: Anyway, they had the lights on the boardwalk up. It was nice to see. It was also freezing down by the water!
    Oh, coool. Did you do the drive through lights there on the boardwalk? They are pretty neat. Didn't think they were up yet. Well not open for the drive through I imagine.

I will try to take some pictures of the illumination and around the Olde Towne to post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 74066
    It is snowing here today!!!! Up north they are looking at about 10 inches so far :bounce009:

Dh and I have had the Christmas music going and last night we all sat and watched Mickey's once upon a Christmas. Katelyn loved it!! We have one radio station that is all Christmas now and for the first time ever in my life I am thinking about shopping on black friday I have the Christmas bug..
    Yup season is getting here!

Last night DD wanted to look at the videos from last years trip over thanksgiving. It was really neat to look back at the Christmas decorations all over Disney World. I forgot how beautiful the African themed tree was at AK...love the lights and snow at the Osborne lights, the trees outside Disney Studios, and AK. We liked the background music that I taped when just walking through the parks. Very festive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 74071
    Oh, coool. Did you do the drive through lights there on the boardwalk? They are pretty neat. Didn't think they were up yet. Well not open for the drive through I imagine.

I will try to take some pictures of the illumination and around the Olde Towne to post.
    No, it opens next week but the structures are up now.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been feeling festive the whole of last week... and it's not even december yet! :shocked025: My cousin is due to have her baby on the 31st of December, (My late Nan's birthday) and we have our Family christmas 'night out' (we go for a meal and a drink) on the 19th... so a lot to look forward to this Holiday season!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast