Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i'm drooling

Post Thanks / Like
    just sorting out my order for Marks and sparks for christmas, going to put it in tomorrow we're trying the turkey duck and chicken this christmas for a change. what's everyone else having?

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't end up ordering anything this year as I only wanted a dessert

It is just the four of us this year so I will get something veggie for me and Colin and the kids can have whatever joint he gets from work (that's his works christmas pressie to him ).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually have ham for Christmas.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 74156
    Didn't end up ordering anything this year as I only wanted a dessert

It is just the four of us this year so I will get something veggie for me and Colin and the kids can have whatever joint he gets from work (that's his works christmas pressie to him ).
    it's only the 4 of us too, i'm actually looking forward to it.

Johnie we are having baked ham too!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love ham :p015: We do the traditional turkey for Thanksgiving (which is next week!).

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    we'll be having a thanksgiving dinner this weekend with Turkey. I love the food, just wish we could be over there lol

Post Thanks / Like
    were having beef on the bone christmas eve and turkey christmas day down at Dave's parents she has ordered them from waitrose and i was drooling at there booklet...........

we saw something about thanksgiving turkeys being deep fried is this right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 74166

we saw something about thanksgiving turkeys being deep fried is this right?
    it's a southern thing Ann, we do it sometimes but it's a bit of a hassle tbh, it also takes lots of peanut oil which isn't cheap. We inject ours with salad dressing with some spices added or melted butter with herbs. It is soooooooo good, not greasy at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 74168
    it's a southern thing Ann, we do it sometimes but it's a bit of a hassle tbh, it also takes lots of peanut oil which isn't cheap. We inject ours with salad dressing with some spices added or melted butter with herbs. It is soooooooo good, not greasy at all.
    your not selling it to well

Post Thanks / Like
    You inject your turkey before you fry it? Wow! I've never fried one, so I'm absolutely no authority, but I thought they had to be fresh, not frozen and as dry as they could be to avoid problems with the oil?

I've tasted one though, and although not traditional by any means, it was good!

We aren't cooking for Thanksgiving this year. Christmas will be feeding a houseful so it will involve lasagne probably. Not our usual, but all will be well. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast