Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear

Post Thanks / Like
    Had Beths review in school today. Her pediatric social worker did not show but whats new there. The adult social worker left within 10 minutes to take her dd to doctors appointment, she never informed anyone until she was leaving. Do they not realise how important this meeting was :mad:. We have basicly been told when Beth leaves college thats it. There is nothing for her to do and she will be home full time with me. I wonder who will go mad first. In her last year of college she will have no subsidised (sw) transport as she is in a wheelchair and they do not provide for wheelchair users, if she were able to get on a bus that would be fine :mad::mad:. She will have little or no respite.
    Do these people not realise that in the end it will cost them more, as when i can not cope any longer they will have to put her in full time care.
    What do these people get paid for. Are we paying them way to much for nothing just to deprive the needy of a life thats worth living.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear this, Michelle.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    AH hun....that just bites....
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Michelle. She has needs,they can't just wash their hands of her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    there must be something else that can be done to help :sigh;

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sorry to hear that Michelle :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly here in Cornwall it seems they are not intrested when they get to adult age. They just expect the parents to deal with it. It makes me so cross. Yes you need help when they are children but surly you need more help when they are adults.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 74411
    Sadly here in Cornwall it seems they are not intrested when they get to adult age. They just expect the parents to deal with it. It makes me so cross. Yes you need help when they are children but surly you need more help when they are adults.
    It might change next year Cornwall becomes a Unitary Authority

There's got to be something out there to help, have you written to your MP

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    :( Oh dear.

When you find out what is the next course of action, we will all be there to back you up!
    I know this sounds quite trashy... but have you thought of getting in touch with GMTV? They always help out with cases like this and media pressure soon gets governments to cave.
    A woman we met on holiday had a similar case (Although her daughter was not in a wheelchair) and was in talks with people from GMTV, before she even got on telly (they had it booked) the local council caved and payed for her transport.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 74411
    sorry to hear that Michelle

i don't think it's better anywhere else tbh. I went to a meeting today telling us that the budgets are shrinking, we have to claw back everything that we possibly can getting relatives to do more. I can't go into details but i feel totally cheesed off with the hole thing. I know you've had a bad time with SWs Michelle but they're not all bad and probably as in the case of baby P being told they can't do what they think is right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast