Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20% off at M@S Thursday 20/11/08

Post Thanks / Like
    I hav just been across to our local (ish) big out of town M&S and Tesco - mainly to go to an optician appointment at the Tesco. You couldn't get near the place! All access roads were jammed - I eventually got in and drove around the car park for 40 minutes following the parade of cars in front of me, I phoned the optician from outside the shop and cancelled the appointment and drove home. It was complete chaos! I have been on sale days, Christmas Eve etc but have never seen anything like this!

Think I will have a look online now

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    i was quite surprised that there were no hiccups with the website, guess everyone has gone to instore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back from Castlepoint in Bournemouth and all I will say is BEDLAM!

Post Thanks / Like
    what did you get?

Post Thanks / Like
    I got 3 for 2 bath stuff for Owen's teachers and a beautiful 'puffskirt' dress with matching tights for Maisie to wear to school tomorrow for anti-bullying day. It has to be something blue.

Post Thanks / Like
    cool, nothing for Mummy then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 75401
    cool, nothing for Mummy then?
    Not for the want of trying. The boots I went for were out in my size but since arriving home I've ordered them online! Yip I say!

Post Thanks / Like
    Would someone give me a good, detailed description of your M&S store? Is M and S for Marks and Spencer? It has food, yes?

I so don't understand why we don't have the ability to shop for groceries online, here in the Orlando area and have them delivered. I'd save oh, say twenty minutes a week. LOL.

Seriously, I read your comments about the store, but don't feel as though I have a really good understanding of what all it is.

Thanks for taking the time to educate me!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Marks and Spencer's is a national treasure imo. It is synonymous with quality and therefore has always been on the expensive side, recently though they have produced lower quality goods.

they do clothes for everyone, From pensioners to babies, their clothes are generally better quality, their onesies/babygrows last 4 babies without bobbling or fading too much. A lot of people buy their underwear there, i have always bought their bras- they measure you properly for them so always a good fit. For women they have a fantastic range called per una (my fave) long flowing skirts, bright colours- sort of grown up hippy. Marks and Spencer was one of the first to do plus sizes in the UK so when i needed them a few years ago it was generally the only place i could go at that time, their trousers are always in different lengths too which is a god send for those with short or long legs!

they do lovely food, it is expensive but most use it for special occasions, the food stores aren't generally that big.

They also do home wares, my lounge is Marks and Spencer furniture, it's not actually that expensive when you look at other retailers, the quality is good and if anything goes wrong then they will exchange.

they never used to have good sales but they are starting to now, I think they realise they need to diversify to keep up with the time. They did struggle a few years ago but now seem to be doing very well following a modernisation of their brand.

hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it does!!! Thank you!

I can't think of a shop here that sounds comparable? Can you?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast