Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favourite Christmas song?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 75354
    You really are pushing your luck.
    denial is a river in Africa Dawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Eartha Kitt's version is the worst! I like Eartha Kitt mind, just not that stupid song.

Brit, what on earth is that second one you posted? I've never heard it before. Weird woman. Seriously weird song.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 75380

Brit, what on earth is that second one you posted? I've never heard it before. Weird woman. Seriously weird song.
    Actually it was Cliff Richard's 99th single, it became his 12th UK number one, spending four weeks at the top in December 1988 - selling 750,000 copies in the process. It was the best-selling single of 1988 in the UK.

he is 'apparently' a national treasure

is that weird as in a nice 'quirky' way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you are "in a nice quirky way" but that song was on the other end of weird.

I've not ever heard of him, either. Means absolutely nothing mind!!! In 1988 I was totally enmeshed in the Cyndi Lauper/psuedo punk rock/Pretenders/New Wave craze. :D Prince, Adam and the Ants, B-52's that sort of fun stuff. :D Oh, and leg warmers and hair that refused to be big.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 75394
    Well, you are "in a nice quirky way" but that song was on the other end of weird.

I've not ever heard of him, either. Means absolutely nothing mind!!! In 1988 I was totally enmeshed in the Cyndi Lauper/psuedo punk rock/Pretenders/New Wave craze. :D Prince, Adam and the Ants, B-52's that sort of fun stuff. :D Oh, and leg warmers and hair that refused to be big.
    do we get to see pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? I don't think there are any. I have always (seriously) been totally opposed to having my photo taken, so I avoid cameras like the plague.

My parents were beside themselves when I was a little kid. I was the one who would time it perfectly then drop my head so you couldn't see my face. Never a good family photo as I've been told, time and time again. :spring:

So, nope. Don't think there are.

Oh, wait. There was one... I was at the Renaissance Fair dressed as a Celtic woman... the couple that had created the "outfit" I was wearing took my photo for their ad book. I'll never be able to find it though... No matter. Never a good reason to scare folks, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever your beliefs or religion this sums up a wish we all hold dear:

[youtube]VGelQhYY85c&hl[/youtube]</EMBED>
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Although not my belief system, nor my favorite song, I do hold this duo dear. Mama adores Bing, and I feel quite the same about David. :D Seeing them together was a really neat little personal moment for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123