Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chiropractors?

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I'm in search of a chiropractor and have not been to one in ages. Any advice on what to look for? I have a hard time trusting that particular field, as it makes me nervous that with one quick move my neck could be broken.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only been to one and was referred by my mother! She was referred by her hairdresser.

Who do you know that you could ask? And make an appointment for a brief interview, not a treatment, so you know his/her treatment philosophy.

Leu goes to a traditional "bone crusher" chiropractor. Mine uses a Thompson something-or-other table for most adjustments, which is much gentler. He also uses traditional chiropractic techniques for some adjustments--it just depends on the patient's needs.

It's times like these that I wish I drank coffee. My brain needs a jump start this morning and water just isn't cutting it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think i found some one. You know, I haven't been in ages, so the price seems to have gone up drastically, but that could also be due to living near a bigger city.

I found them on a spine physician website and they are part of the American Academy of Spine Physicians. Not that that means much to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    The office visit for my chiropractor has increased about $10 over the past 10 years--most of it during the past five years. It was $38 for OOP for my last batch of adjustments. Think of it as an all-inclusive price: one visit includes as many adjustments as are necessary. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that with insurance?
    I asked what a normal visit costs here and they said close to $200. I found an internet special coupon that will bring the price to $75. That just seems like a lot. Maybe it's the first visit stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I need a chiropractor.. I want someone to walk on my back, it needs clicking!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    With insurance my guy charges my $30 copay but without insurance he only charges $39.

Ducky I think maybe that is for a first-time analysis. I hope for you anyway!

The best part about my Chiro is he is TOTALLY into WDW and even wears Disney scrubs. He talks the whole time about where we've been since our last visit and he really gets DH excited about WDW so I don't mind when DH says he needs an adjustment!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's hope so. Thanks for the insight. I will be happy to eventually be working again and have health insurance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 74950
    I need a chiropractor.. I want someone to walk on my back, it needs clicking!
    Me too!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 74932
    Is that with insurance?
    I asked what a normal visit costs here and they said close to $200. I found an internet special coupon that will bring the price to $75. That just seems like a lot. Maybe it's the first visit stuff.
    The $38 is OOP without insurance. My insurance only covers contracted chiropractors--and mine isn't contracted with them. But I refuse to switch!

The $200 should be for the initial visit. Mine took a lot of x-rays and still works from them, so it's been a one-time expense for me. Some probably take periodic x-rays, depending on the patient and issues.

Before you commit, ask the price of a regular office visit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast