Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i am the queen of bargains

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really glad i waited to get the things i wanted from M&S online, had lots of pressies etc already in my basket. Anyway basket came to 125, 20% off some of the things already and 3 for 2s, free delivery -cost 82 then i had some coupons for my M&S cards -8 of vouchers in next mailing and i went through quidco -4.10 soooooooooo i saved 55 total woohoo

i think as i saved it it should be mine to spend

Post Thanks / Like
    wow - you did really well didn't you.....i also think the savings you it must be yours to spend, that *is* how it works i believe

Post Thanks / Like
    Uh oh. Johhhhhhhhnie... Brit's trying to claim your title! :D :D

Nice work Brit. If I give you all my money can you shop for me too? :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    good deal, you have learned well!

Now about that Queen title........perhaps you can be a Princess?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    you know i thought i'd heard it somewhere!!! go on then princess

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooooh, Princess. That's nice.

We are building our own Royalty! I like it!!!

Me? Oh, I'll stick with Scullery Maid. Given my inability to shop for love or money, it suits. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    ive just tried to go to our local m and s been on the car park for 15 mins and its gridlocked finally got off it and came home if i never save 20% im not fighting that lot so now gonna do it at my leasure online.

congrats britchick thats a big saving

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the day after Thanksgiving here. It's the day that Christmas shopping traditionally "starts." Stores lure you with super cheap items...

I tried it once. Back in oh, probably 1985 or so. Seriously. Never, ever will go out in that mob scene again. Crazy isn't the word for it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 75411
    Sounds like the day after Thanksgiving here. It's the day that Christmas shopping traditionally "starts." Stores lure you with super cheap items...

I tried it once. Back in oh, probably 1985 or so. Seriously. Never, ever will go out in that mob scene again. Crazy isn't the word for it!
    i did it once with a friend Tink, we started at 5am got really hassled up and ended up in a local mexican restaurant for an early lunch, too many margaritas were consumed adn we had to call our hubbies to pick us up got loads of bargains though. Never again!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOLOL!

When living in the north, I had an "across the street" neighbor who didn't drive. One year, we went Christmas shopping time and time again.

It would consist of this:

"You want to go shopping tonight?" "Sure!" "OK. Pick you up at..."
    "OK. Where do you want to go?" "Don't feel much like shopping now. Want to go get some dinner?" :D :D We'd head off to a restaurant. Have a lovely peaceful meal, and chat away for hours. No shopping ever got done, but our mental health was great! :D :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast