Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to go to the dentist later this morning I lost a filling and the tooth cracked and I am NOT happy. I'd rather do anything else rather than going to the dentist

I also have to get to the post office before my ornament exchange person thinks I forgot them and I'm sorry that I'm running late It will be on it's way this afternoon :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 75821
    I have to go to the dentist later this morning I lost a filling and the tooth cracked and I am NOT happy. I'd rather do anything else rather than going to the dentist

I also have to get to the post office before my ornament exchange person thinks I forgot them and I'm sorry that I'm running late It will be on it's way this afternoon :D

uh oh - not a good day for you then

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 75818
    erm, no!

I'm still recovering from these 2!

I have sisters little one to cuddle now - she just turned 1 in October.....she's adorable! Her big sister, my sisters eldest, is in year 10 too!

would you?
    i've been very very broody recently i have a baby nephew born in February but he lives in Crawley so i've only seen him twice, he's coming to see us the weekend after christmas. Also i have a colleague with a 6 month old, my neighbour had a baby on tuesday and two more of my colleagues are due in april and may!!! too many babies around

Post Thanks / Like

hope the dentist isn't too bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    My forty-seven year old cousin has just discovered she's pregnant again!

Well then. Here we are. It's Friday! :D :D

Herself did some extra work over the past few days for her place of business (Hospice) so her director told her to take today off! AND! Miracle of miracles she did! (You have to know this woman, she NEVER takes a day off). Plus, I'm home working this week, so we can spend the time together. (I can easily work from my laptop anywhere).

So. What are we going to do with our day? :D :D

We're leaving (early, but I'll get to that) for Vero Beach later this afternoon! :D :D

You see, Herself enters every contest under the sun (as long as it's 'net based). Well, she won one!!! She won a week long cruise to the Caribbean, on the ms Westerdam (Holland America) through Olivia. :D :D Catch was we had to go NOW, this week (of Thanksgiving). We set sail Sunday, from Fort Lauderdale. :D

So, off we go to Vero Beach through Sunday morning when we will leave from there to continue on to Fort/Port Lauderdale. We'll be back sometime on 11/30/08.

The timing couldn't have been more perfect for us (me, the ultra grump in particular) given the political climate. I'm irreverently calling this our "immersion" therapy.

So, my darlings! Have a boat load of fun while I'm gone. Play nicely and when Helly shows up someone give her my keys, will you? She'll be in charge of the "determining if that's proper for WDW" tasks. Yes, yes, I know it's a load of work, but our Helly can do it. :D :D

I am so very excited I cannot tell you! We barely slept a wink last night. Now we have to scramble like crazy to finish getting ready (we've had a bit of notice, but haven't done everything). Clothes are laid out (WHITE PARTY!!!!!!) and need to be packed. We can actually bring alcohol and drinks on board so we picked up a bottle of champagne (never know when you need a special drink) and a couple bottles of the beaujolais nouveau (yes, I know I butchered the spelling) which is EXCELLENT this year, by the way and a case of water. Have to fit it all in somewhere! LOL.

I/we intend to stay with the diet as much as humanly possible. I'm going with the strong thought that I'll eat properly, and use the free time to actually work out and get some exercise in. I am not prepared with reading material, so it's a perfect reason to bring my "teaching myself Irish" book and tapes, eh?

Can you tell I'm babbling? :D :D

I am bringing the laptop and aircard. If I ever get a signal you just may catch me popping on here. :D Surely one of the islands we are going to visit should have cell towers?

Oh, general itinerary (can't remember the order though) is day at sea, Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, St. Maarten (Dutch side) day at sea... that sort of thing.

SO! Last week we were fighting for our rights. This week/end we are salving our spirits.

I'll be around here for a bit this morning.

OH! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    isnt' that just perfect, karma Tink, karma

have a wonderful time

Post Thanks / Like
    I am SOOOOOO excited for you both

Have a wonderful time

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 75825
    i've been very very broody recently i have a baby nephew born in February but he lives in Crawley so i've only seen him twice, he's coming to see us the weekend after christmas. Also i have a colleague with a 6 month old, my neighbour had a baby on tuesday and two more of my colleagues are due in april and may!!! too many babies around

well, give them a cuddle then and hand them back when they start to cry! I'm quite happy with doing that these days thank you very much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 75834
    Well, she won one!!! She won a week long cruise to the Caribbean, on the ms Westerdam (Holland America) through Olivia. :D :D Catch was we had to go NOW, this week (of Thanksgiving). We set sail Sunday, from Fort Lauderdale. :D
    Wow! That's fantastic. Have a wonderful time.
    [CENTER]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast