Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: OOOh it is snowing!

  1. #11
    Senior Member Watchinherskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    3,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kazz not to play the ugly American, but do you get much snow down there? I really don't know.










  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 76242
    Kazz not to play the ugly American, but do you get much snow down there? I really don't know.
    Where I live is probably equivalent to Florida's climate - so no, we don't. But there are parts of Queensland that do from time to time, and further south, the New South Wales and Victorian Alps have nice snowfields. Tasmania gets a fair bit too. I have been to the New South Wales alps and have cousins in Tasmania that I visit regularly so I sometimes get to see it then.

    I lived in Germany for a year so that is my experience of going to school in the dirty urban snow - no fun!

    And I had a white Christmas that year - like a picture postcard!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co
    Posts
    2,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    yall know snow is a 4 letter word right...can i be offended?

    And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!



  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,393
    Post Thanks / Like
    We woke up to snow today on the north east coast of the UK

  5. #15
    Senior Member Watchinherskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    3,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 76258
    We woke up to snow today on the north east coast of the UK
    That must have been lovely. Nothing like waking up to snow, unless it is going to bed with a gentle snow falling. Especially if you are a teacher! Yeah for snow days!

    Kazz I saw on our local news that Queensland got dumped with snow this very weekend. Saw video...that was a pretty big snowfall.










  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    I woke up to a lovely dusting of snow too. it was really nice and then I saw some really big flakes floating down. I have missed snow so much.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 76809
    That must have been lovely. Nothing like waking up to snow, unless it is going to bed with a gentle snow falling. Especially if you are a teacher! Yeah for snow days!

    Kazz I saw on our local news that Queensland got dumped with snow this very weekend. Saw video...that was a pretty big snowfall.
    Mmm not too sure about that - if you mean rainfall then yes we had an awful lot! But of course it is mid-summer here so no snow about! Forecast for today is 27c/81f - snow would have no chance!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

  8. #18
    Senior Member Watchinherskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    3,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaqld, post: 76901
    Mmm not too sure about that - if you mean rainfall then yes we had an awful lot! But of course it is mid-summer here so no snow about! Forecast for today is 27c/81f - snow would have no chance!

    Really? It was on the Today show this morning.

    Oh that Lester Holt.

    Have to try to research it...










  9. #19
    Senior Member Watchinherskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    3,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 76892
    I woke up to a lovely dusting of snow too. it was really nice and then I saw some really big flakes floating down. I have missed snow so much.

    Well we are back to southern Virginia today...54 degrees sunny and winds out of the south!

    Billie that must have been pretty..do you remember seeing the snow in the movie "A Christmas Story"? When Ralphie wakes up and the whole backyard was coverd...that was something.










Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •