Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats your disney story?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 76322
    it's great to read these, thanks guys :hug:

right now............anymore
    I agree BC..these are wonderful trips down memory lane.

My first trip was to Disneyland (1959/60) and I think I was around 5 or 6. My Mom told me I saved all my allowance in a jar, and I carried that jar all over Disneyland. Never spent any of it though.
    We drove from Kentucky (where my Dad was stationed at the time) and it was one of those "Vacations across the US" type thing.

I remember being in line for Dumbo, and it broke down...let me tell you, that put a damper on my trip
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I was born 9 days after WDW was officially opened. I grew up with a WDW lunchbox and have always loved all things Disney. My parents said WDW was too expensive so we never went.

My very first trip to WDW was in March 1996. I went with my grandma and Alysia to celebrate her 5th birthday. We payed too much but thought we were getting a deal :tongue: We stayed at Dixie Landings for 3 nights. We had a wonderful time.

I didn't get back till 2002. I've been making up for lost time ever since

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had always wanted to go to America since being a little girl. Then the Disney Bug set in. So in 1990 age 19 myself and the future Mr Bumble went in the September.We flew with Thompsons and they stopped in Maine to refuel We stayed along the 192. Can't remember what it was called.
    . We went to MK, Epcot and MGM which was very new. We also did Universal , Sea World and KSC. We were blown away and booked to go back in 1991 as soon as we got back.
    However we decided to get married so the trip was cancelled. We got married in 1992 and went for 3 weeks on our honeymoon. We stayed for two weeks in the Delta Orlando (which is now a car park at Universal). We then stayed for a week in Clearwater. Will never forget sitting on the balcony watching dolphins in the sea.
    Then unfortunately we didn't get back to WDW until 2003. This time with the 3 cherubs. We had been to DLRP in 98 but it just wasn't the same. We went in 2003 and the babies were 10,7 and 3. We flew indirect with Delta and stopped at Atlanta which worked out great. We stayed in a villa in Southern Dunes. To far out for us. We loved it all however, and we got to go to Animal Kingdom for the first time. We also had our first adr's at Crystal Palace and Norway with those Princess. I had no idea you had to pre book these things and fortunately we got to go.
    We then went again in 06 and the cherubs were 13, 10 and 6. Once again it was great. I had learnt about adrs. So at 180 days out i booked the castle. We also did Dine with Shamu at SW. We stayed at a villa in Seasons which is near MT along the back of the 192. It was pure luxury with huge TV's and just gorgeous.
    I don't know when we hope to go again. It is just down to finance. We are now 4 adult fares and that plays such a huge part of the final costs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, for me the first Disney experience didn't happen at Disney! New York 1964 (a mere lad just turned 7) held the World's Fair. My mom took me on the two hour bus tour with her place of employment (a women's shoe factory in NE PA) to the WF.

It was there that I first saw the sights that stayed with me a lifetime:
    The Ford ride back into the days of Dinosaurs
    The GM ride to the space exploration (I had dreams and daydreams about that ride for YEARS)
    The Its a Small World Ride
    GE's Carousel of Progress
    Coke a Cola's walk through the wold (I loved that place an wanted to live in it..you walked through a Mediterranean fishing village, a Swiss mountain top village, a misty rain forest, of course there were coke bottles everywhere!

I know I am missing some, like Johnson's Wax place and a few others, but it was sort of like Epcot.

FF to 1987 - first tirp to WDW - lovely stay at Disney Inn, further stays at Boardwalk (my favorite trip - DD was 6 and SOOOOOO into Disney), Poly, PORFQ, and the last trip (but not really the last tirp - the good Lord willing) to CBR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 76692
    Well I was born 9 days after WDW was officially opened. I
    I didn't get back till 2002. I've been making up for lost time ever since
    we were born in the right year i think i've been making up for lost time too! do you think we'll ever get over it?

[QUOTE=Disneybumble;76716I don't know when we hope to go again. It is just down to finance. We are now 4 adult fares and that plays such a huge part of the final costs.[/QUOTE]

it certainly changes things when they have to start paying adult prices doesn't it? the food alone could set you back a small fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 76913
    FF to 1987 - first tirp to WDW - lovely stay at Disney Inn, further stays at Boardwalk (my favorite trip - DD was 6 and SOOOOOO into Disney), Poly, PORFQ, and the last trip (but not really the last tirp - the good Lord willing) to CBR.
    where is the Disney Inn?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is currently the Shades of Green (for Dept of Defense) right near the Poly. I think it was once the Disney Golf Resort or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had always wanted to go to Disney World and I used to get so mad at friends would give me that "we are going to Disney again over break." We were amusement park people, but we just didn't do big trips like that. If my Dad could drive there in a day, then we went.

So fast forward. It was October 2000. I was 21 and Dh was 24 and it was our honeymoon. I had won a trip to Hawaii that we could have taken, but Dh knew I had my heart set on WDW, and he just loved me that much. So we went for 14 days and stayed at the All Star Music. We knew [I]nothing[I] about Disney, but somehow everything worked out. We had lots of sit down dinners and character meals without so much as a reservation, never missed a parade or fireworks show, and just in general had the trip of a lifetime!! We even got to stand in front of the partnerís statue watching the kiss goodnight with no one around like it was just for us. That is a memory we will always hold dear. I cried when we left for FL watching my parents standing in the window (pre 9-11), and I cried when we got on the plane to come back home.

We went again in 2005 and had another wonderful trip. We planned to go again in 2007, but little Katelyn Rose came the end of 2006 and we put those plans on hold. Now we wait for #2 and ponder our plans for 2009.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 76916
    we were born in the right year i think i've been making up for lost time too! do you think we'll ever get over it?

I hope not!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, you never get over it, you just go to work for the Mouse
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12