Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Orion (yet again) from last night brrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 76523
    marrow

those are just incredible Chris! you must have been freezing!
    bone marrow

I laid in bed for 2 hours afterwards just shivering -its tru what they say aboutwrapping an icecube in a blanket

Just got home so I had to see them. Top notch Chris..well done.

Great one of the Trapezium.

Those are truly brilliant, it's amazing what is out there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi this is lozzy's son,
    what telescope do you use to get those images, and is it one you connect straight to your laptop or camera ?

OMG, were those just shot through the camera's eye or through a telescope? They are fabulous.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 77171
    Hi this is lozzy's son,
    what telescope do you use to get those images, and is it one you connect straight to your laptop or camera ?

Hello ' Lozzys Son'

Those were taken with a Skywtcher ed80 pro refractor telescope - it is apochormatic which means it has extra lenses to bend all the light wavelengths together which is important for decent pics - so although its only a small scope you can get decent pictures. It is mounted on a HEQ5 sysnscan pro equatorial mount - the camera is a simple DSLR canon eos 350/rebelxt with the lens off and a conncting t-ring to put it where the eyepiece would go. No laptop was used - but my next project will need one

The nebula picture is 25 x 90second shots and the horsehead is 20 - next time it is clear i will go and take a load more to add to bothstacks to smooth out the images.

waws that too much information?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 77235
    Hello ' Lozzys Son'

Those were taken with a Skywtcher ed80 pro refractor telescope - it is apochormatic which means it has extra lenses to bend all the light wavelengths together which is important for decent pics - so although its only a small scope you can get decent pictures. It is mounted on a HEQ5 sysnscan pro equatorial mount - the camera is a simple DSLR canon eos 350/rebelxt with the lens off and a conncting t-ring to put it where the eyepiece would go. No laptop was used - but my next project will need one

The nebula picture is 25 x 90second shots and the horsehead is 20 - next time it is clear i will go and take a load more to add to bothstacks to smooth out the images.

waws that too much information?
    OMG WOW, Thanks, i'll get mum to have a look for me, next years xmas prezzie... :tongue:

welcome my friend - the scope itself only costs about 250 but the mount is expensive at about 600

chris is that skywatcher around the 300 quid mark?
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Yes Mick but from the look of it they are updating them so they may cost a bit more soon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast