Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks everyone....well I've just emailed watchdog so i'll wait to see whether they can help me at all. The trouble is I think they've covered their backsides with very small print which is really unfair and i'm not sure how that'll affect the credit card payment/refund.

I don't mean to be rude but as we all know the calls to most companies are handled elsewhere these days and the people don't always understand what you are trying to tell them......sorry if that sounds rude or anything, i truly don't mean it to be, it just makes these problems even harder to deal with.

We're going to stick to our plan of Christmas shopping tomorrow then call the credit card people when we get back - i will NOT let it ruin all my plans. :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear...good luck with getting your money refunded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Language barriers are significant Mumof2 and don't feel you need to apologize!!! It can be a real challenge to get information or useable action from someone who doesn't clearly understand what you are saying.

It's wonderful that you are not going to allow someone else's greed to interfere with your holiday. That would give them way too much power and influence over your affairs.

Have a wonderful time shopping!!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm really sorry hun

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you not ask for your money back based on them being 'Unfit for purpose'?
    so sorry you have been hit by such a horrible scam at this time of the year :(
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all your kind words

I will put this to bed for the night now I've gotten over the initial outrage! If we can't get our money back we'll just go and make the best of it and be sure to never get caught out like this again.

My inlaws (unknown to FIL!) are paying for themselves and the boys and DH and I are paying for ourselves so they lose more than we do which is just wrong - had I known before that it next to a fairground type of place (I'm still unsure) and owned by the same people I would've possibly steered clear, but there was no indication of that at all.

I know some of you saw the website, it did look fab didn't it.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 78775
    T
    it looked brilliant :( there's no way you could have known from the website, it looks like a bait and switch to me and I'm staggered that trading standards are being so wishy washy over it considering they've had over 100 complaints!!

All I can say is it DOES look more atmospheric after dark from what I've seen so maybe it's a late afternoon/early evening adventure to make the best out of it
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG what a shame, my friend went to the one in Kent at the weekend and said it was lovely, I really hope you get your money back..
    Somebody who runs the new forest lapland lives down the road form us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 78775
    Thank you for all your kind words

I will put this to bed for the night now I've gotten over the initial outrage! If we can't get our money back we'll just go and make the best of it and be sure to never get caught out like this again.

My inlaws (unknown to FIL!) are paying for themselves and the boys and DH and I are paying for ourselves so they lose more than we do which is just wrong - had I known before that it next to a fairground type of place (I'm still unsure) and owned by the same people I would've possibly steered clear, but there was no indication of that at all.

I was shocked when I read that it was fake... I loved the website, thought it was very proffesional, and even mentioned it to my mum (I said we can take Niamh in a few years)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi i have 10 tickets for the 19 dec, does not look good, i am calling my cc tmmorrow, ask them for a charge back (worth a try). pm if you get any joy and i will you. Good luck
    xx

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast