Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW. :( So sorry to hear this, hon...you've got a really fantastic attitude about it though...good on you

Post Thanks / Like
    oh hon I am so sorry to hear this. That is just wrong. I hope you able to sort this out quickly.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys, and thanks Becca for your comments about my attitude!

i just can't be bothered to get all stressy about it, you know there's so much other stuff to organise for Christmas that i could do without the extra stress involved in being REALLY mad with them!

So, we've been taken in by a bunch of fraudsters - I'm angry with them naturally but if we do end up having to go i don't want to ruin it too much for the boys before we even get there

We're just wording a letter to the company to ask for a refund but I know before we send it it's not gonna happen, but it's the process we have to go through.

Will keep you all updated.....something tells me they won't be doing it again next year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Doing what the situation warrants is a great idea! That way, no excuses can be laid at your door, eh? If this sleazy company is ever made to reimburse those they have stolen from, you will have conducted yourself with dignity and that is what matters.

Surely do hope the money you spent on tickets is returned to you! Or, if not that at least that the place has made some improvements as are hinted at on the video.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i spoke to Consumer Direct that Trading standards were advising people to call - the girl there was so friendly and helpful which made a change from the CC company!

She agreed we should write to the company to ask for a refund and if they don't give us one then we'll have to atually attend in order to make a complaint about what's not there if you know what I mean!

The girl also advised me that the company have been given targets to meet by Trading Standards but she wasn't aware of what they were.

I now have a case number to quote if I call them back and they will give me step by step instructions on what to do.

DH emailed CC company last night explaining the situ and they emailed back saying they'll send out a dispute form which will take approx 7 days then we have to return it and they will investigate, so he's emailed them back asking what the likelyhood is of getting a refund before the event - we have nothing back from them yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it ridiculous? You purchase something in good faith, and now you have to jump through all these hoops and spend all this time trying to protect your interests. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 79526
    Isn't it ridiculous? You purchase something in good faith, and now you have to jump through all these hoops and spend all this time trying to protect your interests. :(

i know - it's ourageous. Why does everything have to be such a battle?

We've just watched the local news and the company address is a little industrial unit belonging to a different company name, although I think it's probably still the same people.

A local news reporter was at the Lapland venue (which is a couple of hours drive from the company address) and said only a couple of cars went in - we're sticking to our plan because right now we're just not sure what else to do :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the latest news. I 'm hoping this makes getting a refund much easier for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow - thank you Claire.....

in a strange way that's good news because, as you say, getting a refund from the CC company *may* be easier (fingers crossed)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. It just gets worse and worse doesn't it?

to you mumof2....keep hanging in there!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast