Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: OMG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 79933
    Wow. It just gets worse and worse doesn't it?

to you mumof2....keep hanging in there!

thanks Becca.....we had hoped it might shut down as that *should* be easier to get a refund but judging by the response when we phoned the CC company the other I'm really not that sure!

My MIL has just told me that one of the sleezy national papers said the 2 guys running it have allegedly(sp?) been in prison for tax evasion - i repeat allegedly as i don't want to get in any trouble!

yikes! if anyone thinks i *will* get in trouble can a mod delete what i just said about them please!

Post Thanks / Like
    found this - it helps to put our minds at rest......good old Martin Lewis!

Post Thanks / Like
    just found this on another website

"With my deepest regret and sincerest apology I am left with no option but to announce that I am forced to close the children's entertainment theme park "Lapland New Forest" for 2008 due (I believe at the time of publishing) to:

• Intentional organised crowd manipulation and event sabotage during and since our first trading weekend.
    • The unscrupulous and inaccurate negative bias media broadcasts of both local and national press and television companies that contributed significantly to fuelling widespread public concern, frenzy and distraction since the 1st December 2008.
    • What I believe to be a wholly illegal action by the credit merchant company called "Streamline" of seizing /withdrawing all funds without notice from the Lapland New Forest Ltd bank account leaving us completely unable to trade.
    For all people wishing to claim financial reimbursement I can only advise (at the time of writing) that you return to our website for further information on this important matter.

Both I and all of the Lapland New Forest Team have had every intention of both continuing and continuing to enhance our children's event ... we have all put many months of hard planning, endeavour and finance into the Christmas theme park ... our wonderful venture and advertising campaign proved to be highly popular and many of our visitors did have a great day with us!

We are all deeply upset at the outrageous lies, slander, accusations, violent threats and lack of official support we have endured and I have every intention of pursuing all matters to the full extent of the law.

From myself and every member of the Lapland New Forest Team to ALL of our valued customers and incredible team players that contributed so much to our honourable enterprise - we look forward to reaching a clear and satisfactory conclusion as soon as is possble.

Victor Mears
    Director of Lapland New Forest Ltd. "

Post Thanks / Like
    The tv crew where outside Victor mears flat today. My DF said he has been getting about 300 letters a day since it was on the news..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 79958
    The tv crew where outside Victor mears flat today. My DF said he has been getting about 300 letters a day since it was on the news..

i'm not surprised - i can't figure out whether they set out to rip people off or if they truly thought what they'd done with the place was acceptable.

i drafted a letter earlier but i think i'll speak to consumer direct and the CC company tomorrow to see what we should do from here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Talk about covering your rearend....wow...that's a lot of doublespeak in a single place!

Post Thanks / Like

i think this may have come from their website but i got it from a mothers forum that i don't belong to but have been reading - i tried the website again but it's not available again - i think it's been working on and off over the past couple of days, but it's gone every time i try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 80071

i think this may have come from their website but i got it from a mothers forum that i don't belong to but have been reading - i tried the website again but it's not available again - i think it's been working on and off over the past couple of days, but it's gone every time i try it.
    It has come from their website, I managed to get to it.

I think you're in an excellent position with the credit card company now! just get the claim form, explain that the service offered has not been provided since the company has closed the park and you'll get your money back
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 80100
    It has come from their website, I managed to get to it.

I think you're in an excellent position with the credit card company now! just get the claim form, explain that the service offered has not been provided since the company has closed the park and you'll get your money back

yes,thanks Keith. We were rather hoping it would close as we thought we'd be in a better position!

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest news and I have to say, no-one seems surprised!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast