Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grumpy office mates

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok seriously. I want to smack someone here at my office.

I know money is tight for a lot of people. I know the economy is bad. But some people are just mean and selfish IMO.

I've told you about our co-worker who's DH has Lou Gehrig's disease. Well, she is still working but he isn't. He did get approved for SSDI so that is helpful but it is not nearly what he was making when he was working. So, times are very tight for them. Anyway, everything in our office is voluntary. We don't name names about who does what or doesn't do what.

We set up a box for food stuff for them for Thanksgiving. It certainly looked like a lot of people contributed.

We also set up a casserole thing to give them a dish from one of us each week. I gave a gift card to the grocery store since no one wants my cooking

We usually have our Dec staff meeting at someone's house and have a Christmas party instead. We also typically do a gift exchange worth $10. it's one of those exchanges. This has always been voluntary. If you don't want to do it, then don't.

Ok we decided we were going to take donations for the holidays for my co-worker and her family. They are going to Disney in Dec. That has been paid for and they have the dining plan. Well, you should have heard one of the other counselors here moaning and carrying on about this. Wow. I am just stunned and saddened. If you can't give or don't want to, then don't. The money thing is going to be given from the entire office regardless whether everyone gives or not.

I expected more from people

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear. Unfortunately some people are just mean-spirited. There's nothing to be done about them. I know it's hard for us softies to accept but you have to let it go.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. :( Just let the people who don't want to contribute go on their merry way. If their complaining is audible, you can simply smile sweetly and say, "No requirements to participate." :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There's always one who has to moan about something Johnie don't let it get to you, your heart is in the right place and that's all that matters

Post Thanks / Like
    The one counselor has been very vocal about not wanting to join in. She is just...well...she needs to retire. She is always negative. I often wonder how she is with her clients. I hope it's not the same way

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly, I'm not surprised by people's actions anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    She just sent me an email asking if they were paying for Disney or was a charity doing it. Can I go beat her now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 79021
    She just sent me an email asking if they were paying for Disney or was a charity doing it. Can I go beat her now?
    Yes. Yes, you can.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can.... give her a good one from me too ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast