Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all you clever chefs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a large bag of beautiful raw king prawns in my freezer ready for the festive season. I have never bought raw king prawns before and to be totally honest, I have no idea what to do with them. I think they're still in their shells although minus the head. I've got different friends and family coming over a number of times and each time I will lay on a buffet. What I'm looking for is some great ways to serve these prawns that is a little more adventurous than a prawn ring or vol au vents. Anyone got any favourite recipes they care to share?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmm, nope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 79101
    Ummmm, nope.

Post Thanks / Like
    prawns are shrimp, correct? My co-worker served some shrimp wrapped in bacon and asparagus last year, they were so good!

I also saw a Paula Deen recipe with little pieces of toast, spread with a cream cheese dip and then the shrimp placed on top. let me see if I can find a recipe

Ingredients
    1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    5 cloves garlic, minced and divided
    2 tablespoons minced green onion
    1 tablespoon black pepper
    2 tablespoons butter
    3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
    24 medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
    24 toasted French bread rounds
    Cherry tomatoes, halved, for garnish
    Fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
    Directions
    In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, 2 cloves garlic, green onion and pepper; set aside.

In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add remaining 3 cloves garlic and parsley. Add shrimp; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until pink and firm. Do not overcook.

Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over French bread rounds. Top each with 1 shrimp. Garnish with tomato halves and parsley leaves.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I got when I put in "prawn recipes"

http://www.cookitsimply.com/category-0020-0k137.html

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    sprinkle with lots and lots and lots of freshly ground pepper and fry in a mixture of butter and olive oil. Then you suck the shells before you eat the prawn- trust me

marinade in ginger and garlic and a little olive oil and then grill on skewers

make king prawn spoons - ala iceland

Post Thanks / Like
    Give hem to the dog :D
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if you can get Old Bay Seasoning over there or not. If you can put a couple of cans of inexpensive beer in a big pot, bring to a boil and steam them in Old Bay and Beer. Serve with cocktail sauce and sliced lemon.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 79142
    sprinkle with lots and lots and lots of freshly ground pepper and fry in a mixture of butter and olive oil. Then you suck the shells before you eat the prawn- trust me

marinade in ginger and garlic and a little olive oil and then grill on skewers

make king prawn spoons - ala iceland

I'm going to Julie's for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    How big are king prawns (how many to the pound, I mean).

Do you want to serve them as a meal, or an h'ors d'oeurves? Hot or cold.

I have an absolutely wicked recipe for shrimp and cheesey grits. I loathe grits, but this is the one way I will eat them.

I have a super easy and very delicious scampi recipe...

Wonderful cold cocktail recipe...

What sounds best to you?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast