Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arranging a new day out!

Post Thanks / Like
    so now that Lapland in the New Forest is not longer, and not being able to afford to go to the real Lapland I'm attempting to arrange a new day out for us all!

I was thinking we could get a train to London, have a flight on the London Eye followed by a 40 minute river cruise (with 'free' hot chocolate!) and then wander along the Southbank where there should be a Cologne style Christmas Market! It sounds like a wonderful day (depending on weather of course!)

The London Eye and river cruise no problem, but i was just wondering if anyone has ever been to this market before - there's one at Hyde Park too which could be fun. I'm sure it's fine but I'm just curious.

There are museums of course but i thought the markets could be fun and although we'd be fine jumping on and off the tube trains to visit various places I'm not sure how the inlaws would cope with it, so if everything was fairly nearby it would be better for them!

Any other day out ideas would be most welcomed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry no ideas but glad you got it all sorted. Have fun what ever you do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not been to either but they both look lovely - I don't think you have to pay for either the south bank market or the Hyde park event do you? It might be an idea to do the Eye and the Riverboat and then see what the market is like as you are right there. If it is not great you could always hop on the tube to hyde park. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, it doesn't make much difference as if we do go we'll be there anyway! just wondered whether anyone else had been - it does appeal to me but i have to check it out with the others first!

AND we could get Krispy Kremes at Victoria Station before we come home!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your plans sound lovely! Of course, I've done none of it, and would really like to so you'll only get positive vibes from me on it! :D (All but the Krispy Kremes. Don't like doughnuts. ).

I'm just pleased for you that you will still have a day out and those thieves can go whistle.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you considered Alton Towers? They are offering free entry to anyone who can prove they had booked Lapland New Forest with a visit to Santa at one of their hotels. Might be worth doing a search to see what turns up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! That's a nice (and smart!) thing for them to do.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    yes i saw that Claire but i thought it was only for people that had actually attended - worth a look but i'm not sure what the in-laws would make of it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, I'm not ruining my boys day out for anyone i'm just trying to figure what would be suitable for us all now!

When we went back in August to Tutankhamun we made a dash for the Krispy Kreme kiosk before we jumped on the train home - that's probably why there was standing room only by the time we got on We can get them round here now but it's much more of a treat to get them elsewhere!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you!!! One of the many things I so admire about you, your love and caring for your family.

HEY! If you like Krispy Kremes, enjoy!!! :D :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast